IHE Lab Meeting Minutes 05/24/2011
Back to IHE Laboratory Domain
- Francois Macary (ASIP Sante, IHE Planning Committee Co-chair)
- Andrea Pitkus (CAP, IHE Laboratory Secretary)
- Ed Heierman (Abbott)
- Andrzej Knafel (Roche)
- Jean Benech (bioMerieux)
- Jim Harrison,MD, PhD (CAP, University of Virginia)
- Jon Morris (Siemens)
- Alessandro Sulis
- Hagay Pollak
- Manuela Cirronis
1. LAB actuality: board representative, release 3.0, incoming CPs – François
- A. IHE Lab domain activity. IHE International has a Board, with board members elected, as described in the IHE Principle of governance available at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Board/Governance/Principles_of_Governance/IHE_Governance_Interim_Document_2007-10-05.pdf Each domain of IHE is expected to elect a representative to the Board. IHE LAB has not done so yet. Anyone who is interested, please review the documentation pointed by the above link, and then inform the cochairs (Sondra, Osamu, Yoshimi & François) of your interest.
- B. There is a board report due each year from each domain. Karen Witting and Francois worked on the board report, recently approved. Karen is planning cochair of the ITI domain of IHE, and has helped the other domains to produce these reports. The report highlights the domain activities from the current year and activities planned during the upcoming cycle.
- C. Release 3.0 of the technical framework was published last week. Sondra and other members updated the document with the assistance of IHE publications representative, Mary Jungers. 3.0 is available for testing during the next connectathon cycle, from now on until next year.
- D. There are two new incoming CPs, which have been received for this cycle. Andrea can try to update CP 169 to the FTP site as Francois had some difficulties.
- E. The Laboratory Testing Workflow (LTW) profile is currently spreading a number of European hospitals. The CPs should be adopted ASAP for a better implementation in Europe of this profile. These CPs will be applicable as soon as they are approved. They will stay as separate files for this year, advertised from the wiki technical committee page, until they are integrated into next release of the LAB TF, next year.
- F. In June, the call for new profile proposals will be set. This cycle is building the LAW profile. The new profile proposals will help to select new projects (new profiles or extensions to existing profiles). http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Laboratory
2. LAW vol 2 - Ed
- A. The messaging team has discussed 5-6 issues. Examples include what version of HL7 and what mechanisms of HL7 to use to transfer the AWOS messages. They are captured on the wiki. Please review. Will define content for business objects for the result, specimen container, etc. Then required segments from HL7 messages will be identified.
- B. A number of European countries have a requirement to track the reagent lot number in the results reporting messages.
- C. http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Laboratory_Analytical_Workflow Section 7 highlights the messaging aspects.
3. Feedback from HL7 WGM - Andrzej
- A. O&O working group discussed the message structure for the LAW profile.
- B. There are quite a few security projects underway too. What are the risks involved and needs for security? The workgroup has looked at the ontology of patient and patient access.
- C. PRT segment may not be needed.
- A. Next LOINC Meeting June 6-7 in Indianapolis at Regenstrief. Andrzej provided Clem a brief update on IHE Lab activities at HL7 and Andrea can also provide a brief update at the LOINC meeting. Both educating and encouraging adoption of the IHE Lab profile.
- B. Ed has asked Rob to provide an update on the LOINC work at our next call.
5. Other Topics
- A. Volume 1.0 is awaiting comments until mid-July. It will be in July in conjunction with AACC. It will be reviewed in June by IICC.
6. Next F2F meetings Face to Face now proposed for September. Location: Confirm that the location would be in Tokyo or nearby.
Next regularly scheduled IHE lab call will be held on Tuesday, June 07, 2011 from 8:00-9:00 AM (Eastern Time, NYC)