IHE Lab Meeting Minutes 04/05/2011

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to IHE Laboratory Domain

Back to IHE Laboratory Technical Committee Page

Attendees

  • Sondra Renly (IBM, IHE Technical Committee Co-chair)
  • Francois Macary (ASIP Sante, IHE Planning Committee Co-chair)
  • Andrea Pitkus (CAP, IHE Laboratory Secretary)
  • Ed Heierman (Abbott)
  • Andrzej Knafel (Roche)
  • Jean Benech (bioMerieux)
  • Daniel Moncusi (Systelab Technologies)
  • J Tresserres (Systelab Technologies)
  • Filip Migom (MIPS)
  • Jon Morris (Siemens)
  • Andrew Young (Beckman Coulter)
  • Nikolay Lipskiy (US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Center for Informatics)

Minutes

1. IHE Chairs Update

  • a. Sondra and Francois unable to join us.

2. Welcome to the new members

  • a. Andrew Young is from Beckman Coulter. He has written drivers and is interested in standards development.
  • b. Jon Morris is from Siemens. He has worked on interface development with vendors with their middleware product to support the limitations in LIS connections with ASTM work.
  • c. Nikolay Lipskiy joins us from US CDC. Participates in standards and interoperability framework for clinical laboratory data exchange.

3. LAW Milestones

  • a. http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Laboratory#Timeline_:_2010-2011_Planning_and_Development_Cycle
  • b. Ed has updated the timeline on the wiki with some key milestones. The last opportunity to get changes into HL7 2.8 is in May at their FL meeting. The Face to Face would now be in Sept, followed by public comments on the profile in Oct for 30 days. The trial implementation would be published in Nov.
  • c. A Milestone slide was discussed at the recent CLSI meeting. The goal is to publish the standard with CLSI in March 2013. Andrzej recommended discussing with CLSI the value of a free profile through IHE Lab versus publication at CLSI since their standards are by a fee. We may wish to look at white papers, etc to promote the standard.

4. Status of Vol I (Jean Benech)

  • a. Jean Benich posted to the google group the latest about Vol I. There are comments that have been integrated into Vol I. and it appears to be a near final point. It’s recommended that the team review the profile, Vol I if you haven’t already. It’s a final draft which will be utilized by the messaging team to refine the HL7 messages. There will be an IICC meeting in April or May to update them on this profile and solicit their feedback.
  • b. Filip inquired about a single test reference. Filip references his questions in the google group posting. There was agreement that there may be multiple AWOS for each specimen. The AWOS can be individual test or a panel for multiple tests. They could be bundled into one message.
  • c. Second question is chapter X.2.2 exception handling. There is a question about a 3rd option. What if the analyzer launches a default AWOS? Some analyzers may perform a single panel or default test. There was a scenario concerning work initiated by instrument. Scenario X.2.3 handles manual entry, when it has not been requested. There’s a desire to add additional information in Chapter X.2.2, with normal processing in X.2.3. The tests would be reported without an AWOS id since they are unknown to the Analyzer Manager.
  • d. Vol 1 looks ready for the larger community. There will be follow up with Francois for the next steps in the IHE process.


5. Formation of Vol II

  • a. Jon Morris (Siemens)
  • b. Dan Roberts (Siemens - secondary support)
  • c. Jean Benech (bioMerieux - Use Case representative)
  • d. Bill Williams (Abbott)
  • e. Daniel Moncusi (Systelab)
  • f. Andreas Weyl (Siemens)
  • g. Gerhard Birkenstock (Siemens - consultant)
  • h. David Fallas (Sysmex)
  • i. Andrew Young (Beckman Coulter)
  • j. Ed has identified IICC team members interested in working on Vol II messaging. Francois also cross posted to the Google groups. There will be regular occurring meetings, until we meet Face to Face into the Fall. Andrzej reminds folks that Change Proposals are needed for the May HL7 meeting.
  • k. There is a document on HL7 messaging Andrzej had placed on the google groups. Ed will resend to begin the activities.
  • l. The HL7 Messaging work case spreadsheet on google groups is referenced.
  • m. There are order messages, results messages and query messages. They will be reviewed to identify any gaps. It will be needed quickly to address at the May HL7 meeting with regards to HL7 v2.8.
  • n. Andrea and Ed to work on scheduling the messaging meetings. The links to additional documents will be highlighted on the google groups for easier reference.

6. Next meetings

  • a. Face to Face now proposed for Sept. Location: Tokyo or nearby. There’s a desire to resolve profile issues during the Face to Face prior to opening it up for public comment.

Next Call/Meeting

Next regularly scheduled IHE lab call will be held on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 from 8:00-9:00 AM (Eastern Time, NYC)