IHE Lab Meeting Minutes 03/22/2011

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to IHE Laboratory Domain

Back to IHE Laboratory Technical Committee Page

Attendees

  • Sondra Renly (IBM, IHE Technical Committee Co-chair)
  • Francois Macary (ASIP Sante, IHE Planning Committee Co-chair)
  • Andrea Pitkus (CAP, IHE Laboratory Secretary)
  • Ed Heierman (Abbott)
  • James Harrison,MD,PhD. (CAP, University of Virginia)
  • Andrzej Knafel (Roche)
  • Jean Benech (bioMerieux)
  • Daniel Moncusi (Systelab Technologies)
  • J Tresserres (Systelab Technologies)
  • Christophe Reynaud (bioMerieux)
  • Lori Fourquet (e-Health sign, NYC)
  • Ana Estelrich (Phast, France)
  • Anna Orlova

Minutes

1. IICC Update

  • a. IICC Executive Meeting
  • i. End of March had executive board meeting. Late April is expected launch of new IICC website. It will provide information about IICC and joint effort with IHE.
  • ii. IICC Display in Member Booths at the AACC Meeting in July in Atlanta. 5 members have committed (Abbott, Orchard, Siemens, etc.) There will be space in each booth highlighting IICC/IHE work.
  • iii. Ed provided an overview of the IHE Lab profile under development. Default elements of use cases version optional use cases were discussed. Query versus Broadcast Mode were discussed especially in context of legacy instruments. The IICC board would like to have an internal review of LAW Vol I prior to publishing trial implementation.
  • b. LOINC Project
  • i. Andre has connected with Tony Schaller. Rob Bush is putting together a project proposal within IICC. Look at common tests across instruments to see about mapping to a common LOINC code where possible. There is also a discussion of e health initiative in Switzerland to look at LOINC for inter laboratory transfer. Would like to minimize mappings by having it close to origin of lab tests. The universal code would be at the origin and printed by vendors in package inserts (initially voluntarily, but it may be mandatory later.) It remains to be seen if it will be hosted by Regenstrief, CLSI, or another standards organization.
  • ii. Question on clarification on where maps would be utilized? Mapping between local database and the instrument. Another goal is to make the maps more universal. Vendor codes could be mapped to LOINC codes and published on CAP, LOINC or where ever it would be hosted. Rob will have project proposal ready soon. It should be leveraged as part of IHE work too.
  • c. HL7 v2.8 Change Proposal Deadline - During May Orders & Observations WGM
  • i. Ed highlights that the O&O working Group meeting in May is the last time to submit any version 2.8 change proposals. There were questions posted on the google groups about LAW messaging prior to the last call, but there wasn’t time to address them during the call. One week before the working group meeting the change proposals should be discussed.


2. LAW Profile updates

  • i. Draft of Vol I for internal review by IICC/IHE Lab for next call (April 5, 2010)
    • 1. (IICC to review in 2-4 weeks/ by end of April) Ed to schedule.
    • 2. Request for Ed to inquire within IICC as to who will participate on the messaging team. Establish messaging team by April 5, 2011. Ed can email the IICC members and also post to IHE Lab google group about message definition activity. More frequent meetings may be needed to make progress on this.
    • 3. Work on this in May, June, July and September with goal of completion by end of September.
    • 4. Won’t make the 2012 NA Connectathon, but can make April 2012 Connectathon in Europe and Oct 2012 Connectathon in Japan, followed by 2013 NA Connectathon.
    • 5. Andrea to update the timeline on the wiki.
  • ii. Complete Vol. II (message mapping) by end of May? No, more reasonable expectation is Sept. Schedule for Vol. 2 will be determined once the messaging team is formed. First objective of the messaging team will be to determine if any HL7 change proposals are required.
  • iii. Need internal review by committee
  • iv. Single draft for public comment available for 1 month
  • v. Comments integrated into draft. The draft is finalized during the Face to Face meeting.
  • vi. Publication of the trial implementation.
  • vii. Prepare testing scenarios for Connectathon
  • viii. Mesa testing is 2 months before the NA Connectathon
  • ix. There is a suggestion to consider meeting in Oct/Sept in Japan. Also consider the HL7 meeting is in San Diego in the fall.

3. IHE documentation review spot needs to be adjusted.

4. CLSI Automation and Informatics Meeting- Ed will update CLSI and Andrzej will be attending via phone

5. Public Health Data Standards Consortium Update: Lori working with the Public Health Data Standards Consortium. Would like to identify the use cases and prepare a white paper on the existing standards including the IHE Lab profiles. Identify opportunities for profiles and standards work. New profile proposals may be submitted in July if there are gaps. Requesting guidance in asking about profiles and standards. Anna Orlova also thanks Lori for introducing the project.

  • a. The technical framework is old and it’s being update with the 3.0 version shortly. There is a CP 150 which needs to be updated. Vol I & II will go out.

6. Launch call for new profile proposals in July. The planning meeting and technical meetings can occur in October to discuss both. 7. Next meetings::*a. This is Sondra’s last call for the next few months.

  • b. Face to Face proposed for Tokyo or nearby. July 11-13? July 13-15 is international modern hospital show 2011 (Japanese HIMSS in Tokyo)


Next Call/Meeting

Next regularly scheduled IHE lab call will be held on Tuesday, April 5, 2011 from 8:00-9:00 AM (Eastern Time, NYC)