IHE Lab Domain Minutes 01/11/2011

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to IHE Laboratory Domain

Back to IHE Laboratory Technical Committee Page

Attendees

  • Sondra Renly (IBM, IHE Technical Committee Co-chair)
  • Francois Macary (ASIP Sante, IHE Planning Committee Co-chair)
  • Andrea Pitkus (CAP, IHE Laboratory Secretary)
  • Ed Heierman (Abbott)
  • James Harrison,MD,PhD. (CAP, University of Virginia)
  • Daniel Moncusi (Systelab Technologies)

Minutes

1. 2011 NA Connectathon: registration is open for Jan 18th

  • Attendees: Andrea Pitkus and Ed Heierman.
  • It was announced within IICC. Sondra is unable to attend in person, but will be attending via Skype providing support. Manuel Metz and Sylvie Colas from ASIP Santé (same institution as Francois’) will be attending as monitors
  • At least the XD-LAB profile will be tested (18 systems registered for it).
  • There’s an email that the European Connectathon is testing LBL, along with the other profiles of the LAB domain. There are simulators which can be used to test if there are missing actors.
  • Action item-Ed and Andrea to report back on the next call.

2. CP Ballot

  • Links- FTP of CPs included in this ballot
  • Ballots- There is a spreadsheet with the CP info, submitter and to capture votes. It will be distributed to the Google groups so folks can vote. Line 17 is not a profile per se, but Sondra would like feedback on this change.
  • Technical Framework current drafts are accessible via this link. There are 5 CPs not completed in Volume 2. Francois approves layout and Sondra’s suggestions for the CPs.
  • Feel free to begin reviewing Volume I and Volume III. You may wish to wait on Volume II until Sondra performs the updates later this week.
  • Francois what is the minimum number of votes needed for these to pass. In the past, it’s been unanimous

3. LAW Profile Volume I

  • LAW Supplement-See link. Francois shows his updates on Volume I. Page 2 contains open and closed issues we discussed at the Face to Face meeting.
    • Andrea to send the updated doodle to everyone to choose a date for the “Patient specimens Pooling” meeting.
    • Use cases have been updated by Christophe. Technical details may be moved to Volume II from Volume I at a later point in time (when we start editing Vol 2).
    • We should discuss the open issues on a separate technical review call of Volume I work and open issues. We want to be done with Volume I before the end of Jan. Sondra will be out between April-June. Ed will coordinate with Andrea and John Benech and Christophe on scheduling 2 hours for this call the last week of Jan. Francois unavailable on the 27th, but available on 31st and first days of Feb.
  • Now it’s time to review the documents.


4. IICC Update

  • General
    • HL7 membership will be renewed by IICC this month.
    • Interface Simulation Tool: IICC discussed building an interface simulation tool that could be downloaded and used by vendors in testing the profile. However, this is covered in the Connectathons. Is there still a need to build a simulation tool to build the standard or is this not necessary?
    • Would this be shared with the connectathon? Yes. Francois thinks this would be a useful testing tool. They like to have them available at all times online. It would be nice to have a simulator portraying one of the actors online. Ed will provide an update for the next call about the funding available for this. Could this tool be reused for the NA Connectathon? Discussion with Steve Moore and Eric Poiseau at the connectathon. It’s recommended to email ahead of time since they are very busy during connectathon.
    • Simulators are really good, but what has been successful is having vendors putting out a system whereby folks can test year round. You can flex different implementations. If you work with a simulator, it doesn’t mean that you are able to work with other vendors.
    • Ed can provide an outlook of IICC for the next 2-3 years for adoption, marketing, etc of the profile. Ed can provide this at an upcoming meeting. Setting expectations for Connectathon costs is also vital. Ed will summarize what is learned at the Connectathon.
  • Discuss time and place of next face to face meeting, according to LAW schedule.
    • July? Look at beginning July 6-8th after the July 4 holiday. Francois and Sondra to start emailing the Japanese to narrow down the dates. Volume I and Volume II should be almost complete for the Face to Face.
    • Tokyo, Japan? Or Paris?
    • There should be a second Face to Face to resolve the public comments in early Fall for the deadlines for the NA Connectathon, but this may be done by conference calls. Later, we’ll have to have a call for proposals and change proposals. CPs can be submitted at any time.
    • In order to pick dates, please update the Standards and Conferences section of the wiki. Wiki updated with Standards and Meetings information. It’s been updated with some of the major conferences.

Next Call/Meeting

The next IHE lab call will be held on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 from 8-10am Eastern Standard Time (US- New York City). This meeting will be extended one hour to have the technical review of LAW Vol 1 during the second half.