IHE FHIR Profile Publication/Status summary
From IHE Wiki
We have been experimenting and the IG Publisher does meet our goals. The PoC that we have so far consists of:
- A base IG template (currently experimenting with a fork of one of the DaVinci IGs, will adapt to others as needed)
- A base profile - an IG with just a few pages (currently one)
- Instructions on how an editor can use these to get a local build
- An IHE location for uploading profiles (WIP)
- Instructions on how an editor can add content to the "base" profile (WIP)
Short-term ideas and needs (to reach an MVP):
- Need: Allow users to import page content from another formats (e.g. MS Word .docx) (Working on it)
- Need: Ability to use "Content templates" so that every IHE ig automatically uses the basic set of pages (front page, some common parts) and user does not define those
- Publishing tools
- Continue improving the IHE IG template
- Need: Can we use different Jekyll themes?
- Need: Use plantUML (MIT license) to render workflow definitions and examples
- Idea: Use plantUML to render actor diagrams
- Further improve user tools to validate content and run the build process (1)
- Technical artefacts
- Define naming convention
- Shared Repositories
- Need: Ability to base a profile on an existing profile, and import / display the base profile. Example: if Pharmacy further profiles an ITI profile, users should be able to track this. Or national extensions...
- Idea: Add Swagger to the mix
- Need: if we publish 100+ IGs, shouldn't we be able to reuse the framework? Icons, .css and .js files, etc.
Will contribute these improvements to HL7 (FHIR Toolkit, templates, etc.)