IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2016-01-19
General Committee Business
1. Roll Call see Roster
- Kinson Ho, Radiology
- Monroe Pattillo, PCD PC
- Mary Jungers, IHE Documentation Specialist
- Crystal Carter, RO
- Mauro Zanardini, ITI TC
- Antje Schroeder, CARD
- Chris Lindop, Radiology
- Jose Costa Teixeira, Pharm
- Chris Pauer, RO TC
- Chris Carr, RSNA
- Jamie Kontos, RSNA
- Andrea Garay, RSNA
- Nichole Drye-Mayo, RSNA
2. Approval of Minutes
- October 27, 2015 Minutes
- Motion to approve October minutes. Chris/Monroe.
- Unanimously approved.
- November 18, 2015 Minutes
- Motion to approve November minutes. Monroe/Kinson.
- Antje abstained.
- 5 domains approved.
- December 15, 2015 Minutes
- Motion to approve December minutes. Jose/Chris.
- Unanimously approved.
3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page
- Nothing to discuss from this page
2. Domain Board Reports
- DCC Recommendation to IHE Surgery:
- In order to move to active status the domain needs to publish and maintain its full roster and timeline of events. This information is needed before DCC can approve report for presentation to IHE Intl Board.
- Review and approve the Surgery Report
- Action: Jamie to contact Surgery representatives for updated report addressing open issues
Domain Coordination Issues
- Strategy for incorporating FHIR into IHE profiles and Connectathon testing
- Review on action item:
Action: Laura and Chris will work together to create a reference point (spreadsheet) for tracking use of resources in profiles. Spreadsheet should include resource, profile referencing the domain, date of publication, DST version and status (frozen, stable, fluid, in flux), future information know.
- Action: Make tracking proposal by Jose a discussion item for the Documentation Work Group agenda. Goal is to supplement the current tracking spreadsheet with additional information about the status of underlying standards.
- Proposal from Testing and Tools Committee for a policy adding new status for profiles under development
- Introduce distinction between Trial Implementation and proposed new status of "In Development" (or similar title) based on maturity of underlying standards. If incompatible changes in the underlying standard are judged to be imminent, the domain committee would publish the profile as In Development. Current versions of MHD and other FHIR-based profiles would be considered In Development.
- Testing of ID profiles at Connectathon would be limited to guided interoperability testing with no claim of validation.
- Connectathon Results Database would be expanded to include the status of the profile tested (ID?/TI/FT).
- Recording versions of TI profiles in Results DB is another potential step. Identify major/minor version changes: incompatibilities in major versions; minor versions indicated to the right of decimal point. Major changes are required to go through public comment cycle again and get major version increment. Mary currently uses this version numbering as part of her regular publication process.
- Chris has drafted "stub" text on Profile Status on the Profile Design Principles page. Need help to flesh out.
- Action: Request 2 or 3 people willing to work on developing a draft of a profile status policy and a recommendation back to T&T about what info is published in connectathon results. Need this completed in the next 4-6 weeks. Chris will draft text but needs help in shaping and reviewing. Mary Jungers volunteered. Co-chairs requested to extend invitation to participate to interested committee members. Email TPM's for assistance, too.
- IHE-RO Use Case Progress Update (Chris Pauer)
- RO has developed four profiles and published for public comment. Limited comments received.
- Mary will make sure that all comments received are conveyed to committee.
- RO technical committee holding face-to-face meeting next week
- Chris Pauer will submit to Mary for review and publication.
- Lunch and Learn
- Two sessions at the Connectathon
- Brief overview of IHE International and committee invitation
- Monroe, Gila and Elliot Silver are participating
- Action: Invitation for others to participate on 1/26 before and after lunch
- Name/Space Management
- Working on scheduling initial call for working group
- Committee will address two distinct tasks:
- 1. Forming a process for collecting and maintaining name spaces moving forward.
- 2. Collecting legacy data. Will move forward while working on this part.
Documentation, Websites and Public Information
- Reconvening of Documentation Work Group
- Update on work being done Status Tracking Spreadsheet
- Group has met twice
- Will begin assigning detailed tasks to members on next call
- Interested members invited to sign up through Google Groups.
- Review of White paper on Bar codes: Jose Costa Texeira
- Want to harmonize work on bar codes; determining next steps
- Will be discussed in the next face to face
Next steps and New Actions Items
- Starting in February 2016, go back to 4th Tuesday of the month
- February 23, 2016