IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2015-12-15

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Crystal Carter, RO
  • Chris Pauer, RO TC
  • Monroe Pattillo - PHI, LLC (PCD PC)
  • Denise Downing (PCC Tech)
  • Laura Heermann Langford (PCC)
  • Michael Tan, Pharmacy
  • Amit Popat, QRPH
  • Gila Pyke, ITI
  • Mary Jungers, Documentation Specialist
  • Celina Roth, HIMSS
  • Nancy Ramirez, HIMSS
  • Chris Carr, RSNA
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo (RSNA)


2. Approval of Minutes


3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page


4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

2. Domain Board Reports

  • DCC Recommendation to IHE Surgery:
  • In order to move to active status the domain needs to publish and maintain its full roster and timeline of events. This information is needed before DCC can approve report for presentation to IHE Intl Board.
  • DCC strongly encourage Surgery domain to involve other surgery-focused professional groups, like the American College of Surgeons (ACS), the Association of periPerative Registered Nurses (AORN), orthopedic surgeons and other surgical specialties. IHE and DCC can help promote your activities to those groups. Denise Downing, AORN representative, is willing to be involved in activities once Surgery has published its calendar of events and tcons to determine if feasible.
  • Defer review and approval of Surgery Report to January DCC agenda.

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Strategy for incorporating FHIR into IHE profiles and Connectathon testing
  • Questions have been raised about what kind of guidance is needed for profile developers, as well as for implementers and tools developers
  • Some guidance on identifying dated/version specific release in profiles might be useful
  • Trial implementation versions of profiles may be based on trial standards (which FHIR currently is), but final text needs to be based on stable and fully balloted standards
  • Determine whether HL7 has a roadmap for versioning of FHIR and set coordinated roadmap for implementation of FHIR in IHE profiles
  • Currently general release of FHIR is at DSTU 2.1; in this version certain resources are frozen/stable, while others are still under development
  • Profiles need to be based primarily on stable resources before publication as final text
  • Healthcare Standards Integration (HSI) WG has scheduled meetings for Tuesday Q4 and Thursday Q4.
  • IHE would benefit from having a library of resources being used in IHE profiles: consolidate this information in a single place and track the status of resources being used
  • HL7 FHIR team and TSC have expressed concern about IHE profiles that currently reference DSTU1. Reassure that these profiles are being updated to current versions.
  • Domains developing profiles should consult leadership of FHIR community about which resource to use for a given use case; need to know both current status and future intention
  • Action: Laura and Chris will work together to create a reference point (spreadsheet) for tracking use of resources in profiles. Spreadsheet should include resource, profile referencing the domain, date of publication, DST version and status (frozen, stable, fluid, in flux), future information know.


  • Reconvening of Documentation Work Group
  • Calls confirmed beginning January 5, 9:30-10:30 am CST


  • Tools and Processes for OID, Name Space Management
  • Action: Nichole will send out a poll to those interested in participating (Rob H, Steve, Eric P., Lisa, Laura B., Chris, Mary Jungers, Didi Davis)


  • Outreach for membership and committee participation during NA Connectathon Lunch & Learn and HIMSS Interoperability Showcase
  • NA Connectathon Lunch and Learn
  • Celina and Sarah Willis have scheduled two half-hour sessions on Tuesday of Connectathon week
  • Celina has one page flyer from 2014 event to share with group
  • Potential participants: Gila, Didi, Derek, Monroe, Kevin
  • Action: Nichole will schedule a call for this group.

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

Governance Implementation

  • Membership Update
  • Committee Feedback

New Business

  • Bar codes: Jose Costa Teixeira responded to a proposal within ITI to address the use of bar codes and related interoperability issues that has been redirected to Pharmacy. Will be addressed as extension of their Supply Work Group. Invite other interested domains to participate.
    • Pharmacy is writing a White Paper on topic.

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next call: January 19, 2016
  • Starting in February 2016, go back to 4th Tuesday of the month
    • February 23, 2016

Domain Coordination Committee