IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2015-11-18

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Participants

  • Mary Jungers (Document Specialist)
  • Chris Lindop (RAD)
  • Steve Moore (WUSTL)
  • Monroe Pattillo (PCD)
  • Amit Popat (QRPH)
  • Paul Sherman (PCD)
  • Teri Sippel Schmidt (RAD)
  • Jose Costa Teixeira (PHARM)
  • Mauro Zanardini (ITI)


  • Non-voting: Jamie Kontos, Chris Carr, Nancy Ramirez

Quorum not met

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of Minutes

  • Review for approval - deferred

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

4. Review Action Items List

  • Deferred for approval due to quorum not achieved

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

2. Domain Board Reports

  • Action: Chris C. to contact Dr. Lemke and Franziska for clarity on domain activities
  • Deferred for approval

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Strategy for incorporating FHIR into IHE profiles and Connectathon testing
  • Steve Moore developed Document outlining FHIR-related Issues after attending ITI meetings and Keith Boone's training session
  • Questions include timing of adoption of FHIR for profiles and for Connectathon testing; how to reference FHIR resources; how frequently to update profiles to incorporate evolving FHIR resource specifications.
  • HL7 has identified different levels of maturity (0-5) for FHIR resources than were used for previous HL7 standards
  • Independent of the question of whether something is in DSTU or is "Normative"
  • FHIR is currently on DSTU 2 and HL7 has plans to release 2.1 (in May) and 3
  • Need to identify the maturity level of each resource and the source DSTU in profiles based on FHIR
  • Profiles should not go to final text until the underlying standards are fully mature
  • Create list of resources and current maturity level
  • ITI has formed a work group to coordinate how different domains profile FHIR
  • John Moehrke and Keith Boone have been tagged as leaders of that group
  • Need guidance in terms of timing and coordination of testing resources for Connecathons
  • Domain Committees need to keep abreast of the evolution of FHIR standards
  • Require that profiles always reference the "Current Official Published Version" and include the version number
  • Looking to define guidelines for use by all domains
  • Experience developing MHD profile gives ITI a good perspective on the possibilities and limitations of using FHIR. Plan on republishing all FHIR-based supplements (MHD, PIX/PDQ, etc.) in new versions by March to address changes in DSTU 2 update
  • Action: Invite ITI leadership work group to next DCC teleconference and review above questions regarding guidelines needed for profile development based on FHIR (referencing, timing, cycles, etc.) across domains
  • Reconvening of Documentation Work Group
  • Refinement of Templates
  • Potential change of approach to profile publication
  • Managing obsolete documents
  • A call for participation distributed by Nichole and Nancy
  • Main issues with templates include:
  • Adding new content types
  • Updating glossary and actor list
  • Action: Mary J. and RSNA to schedule a call with interested work group volunteers
  • Tools and Processes for OID, Name Space Management
  • Interest in reconvening this work group
  • Previous discussions did not lead to development of an official process
  • Extracting OIDs from existing profiles is a challenge that has not yet been addressed
  • Recent profiles have a defined section where authors declare OIDs
  • Seeking suggestions for completing extraction work and develop an ongoing management and publication process
  • Ultimate goal is to have library where items reside
  • Action: Distribute call for interested candidates to reconvene working group
  • Review the current listing of IHE Profiles implemented and in use in major US initiatives

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Reconvening Documentation Work Group shortly after beginning of new year

Governance Implementation

  • Membership Update
  • Committee Feedback

New Business

  • Bar codes: Jose Costa Texeira raised proposal within ITI to address the use of bar codes and related interoperability issues that has been redirected to Pharmacy. Will be addressed as extension of their Supply Work Group. Invite other interested domains to participate.

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • December DCC Tcon: December 15, 9am-10:30am CT (due to holiday the next week)


Domain Coordination Committee