IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2015-08-25

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Participants

  • Art Amano (Endo)
  • Chris Pauer (RO)
  • Paul Sherman (PCD)
  • Gila Pyke (ITI)
  • Daniel Berezeanu (ITI)
  • Amit Popat (QRPH)
  • John Donnelly (PCC)
  • Jose Costa Teixeira (PHARM)
  • Riki Merrick (LAB)
  • Kurt Elliason (PCD)
  • Teri Sippel-Schmidt (RAD)
  • Tom Kowalczyk (PCD)
  • Mary Jungers (Document specialist)
  • RSNA staff (non-voting): Nichole Drye-Mayo, Jamie Kontos, Joan McMillen
  • HIMSS staff: Nancy Ramirez, Alex Lippitt

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of Minutes

  • Review for approval
  • Motion to approve minutes as published: Approved with 1 abstention

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

  • No updates

4. Review Action Items List

  • ACTION:Chris and Jamie to review offline

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • Notify DCC in advance regarding milestone announcements
  • Continue to send updates to Mary
  • Voting open to merge AP and LAB and closes mid-September
    • Will need to update web pages/combine content pending results of vote
    • AP structure report will be updated pending voting results

2. Domain Board Reports

  • DICOM standards will be used for EIA profile
  • EWF and ERPO are expected to complete trial implementation version in 2 weeks; publication expected in approx. 1-2 months
  • Teri: Will the profiles be tested during North American or European Connectathon?
  • Currently preparing for trial implementation and expect to test in next NA/EU Connectathon 2016 (notify Steve Moore in order to prepare a new profile for testing)
  • Motion to approve report as publish to present to IHE International Board: Carried unanimously

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Review the current listing of IHE Profiles implemented and in use in major US initiatives
  • Planning a conference around 2016 Connectathon in Germany (April)
  • Announced a plan to gather more case studies; investigating resources to develop into a narrative
  • Domain leaders are welcome to send a message regarding any cases they may have to incorporate into the spreadsheet
  • Jose: Are the case studies actually using the profiles or using them as a reference?
  • Using profiles as basis for publication is what we're looking for
  • Multi-domain content creator/consumer harmonization effort
  • Initiated by PCC (Tone Southerland main point of contact for this project)
  • ACTION: Chris to send PCC co-chairs a message to inquire about any updates regarding this project
  • Originally not much interest for IHE
  • Currently, there have been discussion about developing a MOU to identify a set of SNOMED codes that IHE could use free of licensing restriction
  • Biggest gaps lie within PCC profiles
  • Now would be the time for domains to include SNOMED codes into profiles and provide IHTSDO with an extensive list
  • ACTION: Chris to reach out to PCC
  • Aside from DAF (data access framework), are there any IHE USA-specific extensions?
  • ITI has DS4-A as well as appendix to Family Planning profile in QRPH, may not be published in Vol. 4
  • RAD - do not have IHE USA-specific extensions

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Process for updating Profiles wiki page (Discuss during next call and propose a motion to enforce a process)
  • The goal of this page to have a quick reference of what the profile is about rather than opening up the final text doc
  • Could re-purpose content of Webinar slides to use as content for this page as a suggestion
  • Potentially update page in 6 months - want people to notice profiles during trial implementation phase
  • Mary to develop more reasonable list of what profiles need to be updated
  • Important to catch up on backlog
  • Request for inventory of Snomed codes used in profiles (DEFERRED)
  • New tools and methods for creating technical documentation (DEFERRED)

Governance Implementation

  • Membership Update (DEFERRED)
  • Committee participation (DEFERRED)
    • Observers and chair approval
    • Observers submitting proposals
    • Observer Form, Observer policy language and timelines for observers to participate
  • Implementation of IHE-HL7 Collaborative Work Group
  • Went through HL7 inventory of open projects that had indications of partnerships with HL7
  • Domains to glance at list and incorporate into their discussions

New Business

  • None

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next DCC Tcon: September 22, 9-10:30am CT


Domain Coordination Committee