IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2015-04-21

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


  • Mary Jungers (Document Specialist)
  • Paul Sherman (PCD)
  • Antje Schroeder (CARD, RAD)
  • Nick Gawrit (CARD)
  • Riki Merrick (LAB)
  • Monroe Pattillo (PCD)
  • Kinson Ho (RAD)
  • Michael Tan (PHARM)
  • Crystal Carter (RO)
  • Teri Sippel Schmidt (RAD)
  • RSNA Staff: Nichole Drye-Mayo, Jamie Kontos, Chris Carr, Joan McMillen


General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Quorum reached

2. Approval of Minutes

  • Review for approval - Approved as published, 2 abstentions

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page - deferred

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

2. Domain Board Reports

  • Review for Approval
    • IHE Dental Domain Report - deferred due to no representation
    • Action: Jamie to invite Dental representatives to next DCC call to present report
  • Pending
    • Radiology - Officially due in May. Co-chairs have been contacted for updated report.
    • Anatomic Pathology - Due in April. LAB and ANAPATH domains to combine. Status of report uncertain.

IHE 2020 Vision

  • Preliminary PowerPoint presentation - presented by Chris Carr
    • Requires further development by Financial Sustainability working group
  • Questions/comments - input from DCC
  • Membership fee vs. National/Regional membership fee
  • Non-members?
  • Domain co-chairs serve as moderators for profile development
  • Co-chairs can invite non-members as guests, document in minutes - This rule is currently in place
  • End users - is there a process for user community that may not have funds for membership?
  • Users can often participate as representation for societies who are members of IHE
  • Will there be changes to email lists?
  • Not currently - emails lists are a good way to foster open communication and exchange of information
  • The goals is not to restrict participation - Wikis will remain open
  • Access to webinars will remain open until further discussion
  • Is plan in place?
  • Timeline is in place for rolling out fees
  • Series of email communication are in place and being sent out in phases
  • Encouraging co-chairs to communicate plan to committee members when possible
Action: IHE 2020 Vision pwrpt slides will be distributed to DCC following review by FSWG

Domain Coordination Issues

  • IHE International 2015 Educational Webinar Series
  • Goal: Highlight what is new or important in IHE Domains before IHE North American Connectathon registration opens. Attendees will receive a high level overview of new profiles and use cases domains will address in their work cycle and in Connectathon testing. This provides significant educational and real life value to IHE International member organizations, RSNA members and healthcare IT providers and ultimately patients.
  • Action: Complete IHE International 2015 Educational Webinar Series Logistics Form by May 22, 2015.
  • Form will be distributed to other co-chairs not currently on this tcon
  • Review the current listing of IHE Profiles implemented and in use in major US initiatives - deferred until next call
  • ONC Roadmap - currently on public comment page
  • Multi-domain content creator/consumer harmonization effort

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Supply paper: content and methodology (José Costa Teixeira)
  • José working with OO on FHIR resource – should be a topic on HSI agenda for WGM in Paris
  • Separate meeting of IHE PHARM, HL7 and ISO 16 on May 15th – Jürgen, Mark, and José will be representing IHE
  • New tools and methods for creating technical documentation
  • Review tool evaluation spreadsheet
  • Status update of CDA Tool Evaluation Pilot Project
    • Webinars took place for demo use of both tools (Trifolia and ART-DECOR)
    • Accounts have been created for users
    • Take existing profiles and use tools to generate test objects and test specs for profile documents, evaluate tools in matrix
    • Follow-up tcon scheduled for April 28th @ 12pm CT

Governance Implementation

  • Link to IP guidelines on Webex sessions - See Action Item #272
  • A direct URL text may be sufficient - need to test
  • Implementation of IHE-HL7 Collaborative Work Group
  • Recognized HL7 TSC at January meeting: Healthcare Standards Integration (HSI) Work Group
  • Role is to coordinate work between HL7 WGs and IHE domain committees; also will manage some resources lacking other home in HL7
  • Spreadsheet of open items for discussion

New Business

(Submitted by Nancy Ramirez from joint meetings in Paris)

  • Invitation Letter: Formal written letter from IHE board for European IHE Intl Members (submitted by Jaqueline Suruge, Pharma)
  • Jaqueline Suruge is currently at IHE Europe Connectathon, Chris will discuss with her directly
    • Invitation letter allowing IHE members to attend IHE International F2F meetings on-site without having to take vacation time in order to attend meetings; Various members need to take personal time and use personal funds to attend meetings.
    • Resources: Gather a list of organizations with available meeting space and A/V technology who are willing to sponsor/host F2F meetings (submitted by Jaqueline Suruge, Pharma)
    • Distribution of New Items: For information that needs to get out to all IHE Intl members, send email to Nichole or Nancy and Nancy/Nichole will distribute as needed either to relevant Google Groups or via IHE Intl MailChimp newsletter. (Submitted by Jurgen Brandstatter, Pharma)
  • Identify sponsorship for next year's International meeting - AV and meeting space, possibly European location

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next DCC Tcon: May 26th, 9-10:30am CT

Domain Coordination Committee