IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2014-10-28

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Alex Lippitt - Sec ITI, PCC, PCD
  • Amit Popat - QRPH
  • Antje Schroeder – Card/Rad TC
  • Bruce Curran – Rad Onc TC
  • Chris Carr – RSNA
  • Chris Lindop - RAD
  • Crystal Carter, Sec Rad Onc
  • Denise Downing – PCC Tech
  • Eric Heflin - ITI Plan
  • Flora Lum – EyeCare
  • Gila Pyke - ITI Tech
  • Jamie Kontos - RSNA
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA
  • Karen Witting – ITI Planning
  • Kevin O’Donnell - RAD
  • Mary Jungers – Documentation Specialist
  • Michelle Williamson - QRPH
  • Monroe Pattillo – PCD
  • Nancy Ramirez - HIMSS
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo - RSNA
  • Paul Dow - CARD
  • Paul Sherman - PCD
  • Riki Merrick – Lab
  • Sarah Willis-Garcia - HIMSS
  • Tone Southerland – PCC Plan

Absent domains: Anatomic Pathology, Dental, Endoscopy, Pharmacy, Surgery.

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of Minutes

  • Motion: Approve as published. Carried unanimously.

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

  • Direct support of users by domain committees to address interoperability issues
  • Deferred: Awaiting input from Chris Pauer

4. Review Action Items List

  • RSNA staff has started updating and cleaning up list. Will identify priority backlog items for next call.

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • Radiology completed profile selection:
  • Remote Reporting for Imaging (TeleRadiology)
  • Clinical Decision Support for Radiology (CDS-R)
  • Image Viewing and Upload over the Web (IVUW)
  • ITI PC has made initial short listing of profiles for detailed assessment by TC available here
  • Information governance white paper: crosses IHE domains; US Federal contractors are contributing to work, but intended to be international in scope
  • Cross-community Workflow (XCDR)
  • PCC PC has made initial short listing of profiles
  • Put forward seven proposals to Tech Cmte
  • Potential PCC Joint efforts:
  • Radiology:
  • CDS for Radiology
  • Remote Reporting/Read
  • PCD:
  • Device Observation Semantic Bridge
  • Remote Patient Monitoring
  • Implementation guide for Data Access Framework; working on how to handle since it is specific to US domain; make national extension?
  • QRPH Work Items following Planning Meeting:
  • Discussion of work on developing the QRPH Technical Framework: doing analysis of which profiles are suitable to move to Final Text
  • Moved to ITI - De-identification of healthcare data to central reporting authority - Family Planning Profile
  • 4 profiles:
  • Quality Measure Execution-Early Hearing (QME-EH)
  • CRDX (Care-Research Data eXchange)>
  • Aggregate Health Data Exchange
  • Healthy Weight R2 Content Profile
  • 2 White papers:
  • CRDX (Care-Research Data eXchange)
  • RPE (Retrieve Process for Execution) for ICP (Integrated care pathways)


2. Domain Board Reports

  • Tone Southerland presented report
  • Kevin O'Donnell provided extensive comments; Tone has responded and will update document appropriately
  • Change to report template: Change "Notes" column to "Why it is significant" in significant profiles table.
  • Motion: Approve as amended for presentation to IHE Intl Board. Carried unanimously.
  • Karen Witting presented updated version of report with additional deployment committee information
  • Motion: Approve as amended for presentation to IHE Intl Board. Carried unanimously.

Domain Coordination Issues

  • Review the current listing of IHE Profiles implemented and in use in major US initiatives
  • Multi-domain content creator/consumer harmonization effort
  • Tone reported that focus for now is on discussion between ITI and PCC to harmonize definitions

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Kevin O'Donnell, Lynn Felhofer and Mary Jungers meeting to come up with proposed format for publishing information about CPs approved and implemented
  • Action Item: Kevin and Mary will present CP publication guidelines proposal to DCC for review
  • New tools and methods for creating technical documentation
  • Work group of Testing and Tools Committee is being convened to do initial environment scan, requirements definition and review of available tools
  • Profile-specific Connectathon marketing messages
  • Sarah Willis Garcia reported on targeted marketing of new profiles: achieved success with new profiles like MHD drawing strong participation
  • ITI domain has conducted extensive outreach, including multiple Webinars and volunteer use of social media and community contacts
  • Some gaps in participation persist in some domains/profiles, eg, Radiology SWF needs Order Fillers
  • Sarah will approach domains in Spring about efforts for next year

Governance Implementation

  • Link to IP guidelines on Webex sessions
  • Goal to have them persistently available during committee discussions
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to explore putting permanent link in Webex meeting templates for IHE
  • Implementation of IHE-HL7 Collaborative Work Group - Outcomes of meetings on 9/18
  • Group met at HL7 working group meetings in Chicago
  • Todd Cooper is taking the lead in finalizing a proposal to be presented at January HL7 meeting
  • Meeting included leadership of HL7 Technical Steering Committee, who were very much in favor of creating joint work group
  • ITI/PCC/QRPH leadership met last week and expressed desire to be involved in process of completing proposal and developing list of work items
  • RSNA staff is working with Todd Cooper on scheduling a teleconference to move these activities forward
  • Add to the working group list: Riki Merrick, Tone Southerland, Paul Dow and Mary Jungers

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next DCC Tcon, Nov. 25, 9-10:30 CT


Domain Coordination Committee