IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2013-04-23
- Juergen Brandstaetter - Pharmacy
- Laura Bright - PCC Tech
- Chris Carr - RSNA (Secretary)
- Bruce Curran - RO Tech
- Mary Jungers - Doc Specialist
- Flora Lum - Eye Care
- Joan McMillen - RSNA
- Edie Okoroigwe - CAP
- Amber Sims - ASTRO
- Susan Whitt - Dental Planning
- Karen Witting - ITI Planning
- Nichole Drye-Mayo - RSNA
Absent domains: Anatomic Pathology; Endoscopy; Laboratory; Patient Care Device; Quality, Research and Public Health; Radiology
General Committee Business
1. Roll Call see Roster
- Quorum attained
2. Approval of April 09 Minutes
- Motion: Approve minutes as published
- Carried unanimously
3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page
- No new topics advanced for discussion
- Radiology and QRPH have implemented Designated Reviewers policy that requires named committee members to provide comments on a given profile. Encourage all domains to adopt this policy.
- Policy is described on page linked above. Domains again encouraged to adopt this process
4. Review Action Items List
- RSNA staff to update for future review
- Radiology: Close of public comment for 2013 profile supplements and white paper. Will be published for trial implementation in May.
- ITI released two profile supplements for public comment in the period from April 17 through May 17, 2013:
- Patient Location Tracking Query (PLQ)
- Invite feedback from anyone interested/knowledgeable in RFID, patient tracking, etc.
- Pull-Style Notification
- A single transaction that is a new option for DSUB
- Dental - public comments closed for profile supplement closed 2/20 and is awaiting TI publication
- Secure Exchange of Dental Information (SEDI)
2. Domain Board Reports
- Endoscopy - late (due 3/8)
- Rad Onc - Provided for review
- Motion: Approve for review by IHE International Board
- Discussion: gaps in report, such as profiles listed, but not yet published by IHE International, will be addressed at Board level.
- Carried unanimously.
- Anatomic Pathology - late (due 4/5)
- Will be provided by 4/24
- Radiology - due 5/10
Domain Coordination Issues
- Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group
- No current updates
Documentation, Websites and Public Information
- Documentation Work Group
- Shared elements release: DWG will meet on April 29 to complete resolving public comments on shared appendices and general introduction.
- Educational webinar series
- Highlight what is new or important in your domain. Timed to lead into registration for IHE North America Connectathon.
- Project Measures of Success
- Increase education and awareness of IHE in the market place with CIO's, CEO's, high level executives, government entities and healthcare IT organizations.
- Increase IHE International membership and provide education for member organizations
- Promote IHE success stories
- Increase IHE North American Connecathon participants.
- Survey participants to determine effectiveness of education and real life adoption of profiles
- Planning Committee Co-Chairs Requested Actions:
- Determine the schedule for your domain.
- Complete form linked here by May 15, 12pm Central Time.
- Select speakers and develop content
- Submit all completed presentation slides 4 business days prior to your presentation, for review and processing by IHE International Secretary
- Present the webinar and address questions from attendees
- Plan to start promoting by May 20 through newsletters, social media; also open to other means
- Action Item: Nichole Drye Mayo will distribute formal request for action by committee planning co-chairs to DCC distribution list.
- Call for committee co-chairs
- Leaders requested to support secretary in developing agendas and running committee meetings
- Action Item: Chris Carr to distribute formal call for DCC co-chair nominees. Nominations will be presented to DCC for approval vote.
- Propose switch to monthly call schedule
- Would alleviate schedule crowding and perhaps encourage more consistent participation
- Goal to hold call on fourth Tuesday of each month to precede monthly BOC and Board calls
- Monthly calls would be rescheduled (preferably to third Tuesday) rather than cancelled in the event of scheduling conflicts
- Action Item: Chris Carr will distribute formal proposal for committee review and vote on May 7 tcon.
Next steps and New Actions Items
- Next Call Tuesday May 7th 9:00am central time