IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2012-10-09
From IHE Wiki
- Juergen Brandstaetter - Pharm
- Laura Bright - PCC
- Chris Carr - RSNA
- Bruce Curran - RO
- Didi Davis - QRPH
- La Shawn Edwards - RSNA
- Derrick Evans - ITI
- Robert Horn - ITI
- Mary Jungers - Doc Specialist
- Joan McMillen - RSNA
- Jessica Palmer - HIMSS
- Flor Lum - Eye Care
- Kevin O'Donnell - Radiology
- John Rhoads - PCD
- Antje Schroeder - Cardio
- Karen Witting - ITI
Absent domains: Anatomic Pathology, Dental, Endoscopy, Laboratory.
General Committee Business
1. Roll Call see Roster
2. Approval of minutes
- Review and approved unanimously.
3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page
- Status tracking of supplements
- Mary Jungers will publish a page that tracks the progress of all new supplements in a given publication cycle for reference by Connectathon participants. Steve Moore has already produced a draft of this page.
- Action items or tasks assigned to DCC under Strategic Plan
- Goal 1: Collect and analyze internal metrics to identify trends and improve results
- Add Trends section to domain (and deployment committee) Board reports
- No precise definition of what constitutes "trends": changes (present or future) in health IT environment relevant to a domain
- Action Item: Chris Carr to update Board report template to include trends section
- Internal metrics: we currently gather information on implementation from Connectathon results database and Product Registry to use for evaluation of profiles within domains and to include in summary form in Board reports. Is there more information we should gather? Should we make any additional use of this information?
- Reviewed Kevin O'Donnell's Inventory of Profiles document that provides evaluation metrics for profiles
- General agreement that it provides useful data if that data can be gathered easily
- Action Item: Chris Carr to inquire with Eric Poiseau about possibility of auto-populating such a spreadsheet from Connectathon results and Product registry database
- Recording profile dependencies would provide another layer of useful detail. There is a Cross-domain Profile Dependencies document created in 2010 that has not been fully updated or maintained. While there is evidence that this document would be useful, it shows that committees will not keep information up to date without a strong incentive
- Review these additional goals on future calls:
- Goal 2: IHE will have a unified strategic view and consistent implementation of standards and quality across domains in addressing users’ real needs.
- 2.2 IHE will support and encourage cross domain sharing of best practices and new profile development.
- (general) IHE will not develop base standards.
- (general) IHE will focus on functionality and usability only in service to interoperability.
4. Review Action Items List
2. Domain Board Reports
- Endoscopy - to be presented to board 10/11
- Anatomic Pathology - updated report due to DCC (5 months overdue to the board)
- Patient Care Coordination - one month overdue to the board
- QRPH - to be presented to the board 10/11
- ITI - ready for review
- ITI Board Report Board_Report_ITI-2012-10-08.doc
- Approved unanimously with some minor revisions for presentation to the IHE Intl Board
Domain Coordination Issues
- Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group
Documentation, Websites and Public Information
- Documentation Work Group