IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Minutes 2010-07-20

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Imran Chaudri - Eye Care Tech
  • Tom Dolan - Cardio Tech
  • Ken Fuchs - PCD Plan
  • Rob Horn - ITI Tech
  • Flora Lum, MD - AAO
  • Mike McCoy, MD - PCC Plan
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Plan
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Rad Plan
  • Andrea Pitkus - CAP
  • Celina Roth - HIMSS
  • Tone Southerland - PCC Tech
  • Lisa Spellman - HIMSS
  • Karen Witting - ITI Tech

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call: Quorum Attained see Roster

2. Approval of Minutes

  • Motion to Accept Minutes: Approved unaninmously

3. Flag any Future Agenda Topics for Next Meeting

  • None advanced to agenda

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • Cardiology: Three profiles for trial implementation by 2010-07-23
  • ITI: Five profiles for trial implementation plus white paper for public comment, Technical Framework volumes and ten updated Trial Implementation Supplements by July 26
  • PCC: Eight new/revised supplements and two Technical Framework volumes (18 profiles total)
  • QRPH: Five new or revised profile supplements for publication by Aug. 8

Domain Coordination Issues

1. Outcome of July 12 discussions about Anatomic Pathology content profile and template for content profile supplements

  • Five domains have now created profiles incorporating CDA documents
  • Three needs were identified to ensure that CDA documents are generated and referenced in an efficient, uniform way:
  • Common Template for describing CDA documents
  • Registry where CDA documents and their component modules (sections, subsections, entries) can be published and accessed
  • Cross-domain method for defining, publishing and accessing CDA documents
  • Note that there will be CPs against templates in future
  • Action Item: Tone Southerland will produce overview of process for defining and publishing CDA documents in IHE profiles; Sept-Oct timeframe
  • General consensus that we should try to incorporate all necessary profile components into a single supplement template
  • Action Item: Mary Jungers and Tone Southerland will work on harmonizing current PCC template with general supplement template

2. ITI Cross-domain outreach process

  • No update on previous activities
  • Action Item: Chris Carr, Mike Nusbaum and Kevin O'Donnell to meet to discuss cross-domain strategic vision; call will follow Documentation Work Group call (see below)

3. HL7 Work Group: ITI CP 211 Outcomes

  • CP ballot failed, but CP was re-scoped and seven reviewers agreed to comment on authors' work
  • Scope will be limited to HL7 versions 2.3.1 and 2.5; possibly brief notes on other versions

4. Complexity of IHE documentation

  • NHIN Direct has expressed concerns about convenience and organization of IHE documentation: intends to incorporate IHE documentation into its own documents
  • NHIN is not likely to propose making changes in documentation national extensions; IHE USA would be the logical group to take this on, but currently does not have the presence to do so
  • Current method of organizing documents requires developers to consult multiple volumes in order to find all the documentation for a given actor/profile; complexity is multiplied for systems that implement multiple actor/profiles
  • The Domain Coordination Committee and sponsors need to provide a way of better linking the components of specifications in Technical Framework documents
  • Examples to consider include cross-indexing of document sections by actor/profile and providing some other guidance on how to implement in systems (eg, typical groupings of actors in various system categories)
  • Other organizations (HL7, DICOM, HITSP, WC3) have addressed the complexity of their documentation with varying approaches and levels of success
  • Action Item: Establish Documentation Work Group to review organization of Technical Frameworks and Supplements and suggest improvements; Group to include Mary Jungers, Mike Nusbaum, Kevin O'Donnell, Tone Southerland, Karen Witting; First Teleconference: Monday, July 26, 10am CT

5. Templates for content and transaction profiles

  • See above for action items related to July 12 teleconference

6. Terminology codes in Trial Implementation profiles

  • See above for action items related to July 12 teleconference

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

1. Document Publication Schedule

  • Will be used to track publication activity and as index of publications in general

2. Process Page

  • To be updated to enhance supplement author instructions

Next Meeting

  • Documentation Work Group: July 26, 10-11:30 CDT
  • August 3, 9-10:30am CDT

Domain Coordination Committee