IHE Domain Coordination Committee Teleconference Agenda 2011-11-08
General Committee Business
1. Roll Call see Roster
2. Approval of October 25 Minutes (TBD)
3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page (deferred)
4. Review Action Items List (deferred)
- reminder - follow the link above for simple templates for announcements
2. Domain Board Reports (10 min - Karen Witting)
- Pharmacy available for review: ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Board/DomainReports/Board_Report_IHE_Pharmacy-2011-10-25.doc
Domain Coordination Issues
- Cross-Domain Strategic Planning Work Group (update - Mike Nusbaum - 5 min)
- responses from all Domains due November 21st, 2011.
- Profile Maturity Metric Proposal (Kevin O'Donnell - 15 min)
Documentation, Websites and Public Information
- Documentation Work Group (15 min - Teri Sippel Schmidt)
- NameSpace White paper comments due Nov 15th
- Change in strategy for adoption of new Templates (see summary below) (Teri Sippel and Karen Witting - 10 min)
- FDA standards gathering initiative update (10 min - all)
Documentation Workgroup Revised Plan: (This will be documented on the DCC wiki page, but is presented here for discussion.)
Problem Stmt: Trying to adopt all of the templates simultaneously is too aggressive and not all of the material is currently ready.
A.) We recognize that the following items will not be ready:
- 1. The NameSpace system will not be completed in time for the next round of supplement development.
- 2. The Content Module Supplement (Section Z) will not be completed in time for the next round of supplement development.
- 3. Possibly the General Introduction Appendix E (Profiling) and Appendix F (Integration Statements) may not be completed.
B.) We propose the following adoption process:
- 1. Beginning January, 2012, any NEW Supplements will use the new Supplement Template (except for Content Module section, see C.3).
- 2. Beginning January, 2012, any new Technical Framework will use the new Vol 1-4 templates (except for Content Module section, see C.3).
- 3. The General Intro (aka Vol 0) will be published on the web and referencable (except Appendix E and F, see A.3). Volume 0 will be updated as new Supplements are moved to Trial Implementation status. The process for this is TBA.
C.) Proposed way forward includes:
- 1. Existing Supplements do not need to be converted in this cycle, but conversion work can begin if desired.
- 2. Existing Technical Frameworks do not need to be converted in this cycle, but conversion work can begin if desired.
- 3. As a note, it is currently planned that the Content Module template will be partly based upon the Cardiology CIRC Profile.
- 4. The timeframe for the required adoption of the new templates into existing published documents will be determined in the future.
Next steps and New Actions Items
- Next Call Nov 22, 2011