IHE Domain Coordination Committee Meeting Minutes 2011-01-25

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Laura Bright - PCC Tech
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Bruce Curran - RO Tech
  • Tom Dolan, PhD - Cardio Tech
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo - RSNA
  • Rob Horn - ITI Tech
  • Yvonne Horton - HIMSS
  • Mary Jungers - Tech Proj Mgr
  • François Macary - Lab Tech
  • Michael McCoy, MD - PCC Plan
  • Lisa Nelson - Tech Proj Mgr
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Rad Plan
  • Sondra Renly - Lab Tech
  • Celina Roth - HIMSS
  • Antje Schroeder - Cardio Tech
  • Teri Sippel Schmidt - Tech Proj Mgr
  • Karen Witting - ITI Plan

Absent domains: Anatomic Pathology, Eye Care, Patient Care Device, Pharmacy, QRPH

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

  • Quorum attained

2. Minutes Review and Approval

  • Review deferred to Feb. 1; Secretary to edit for completeness

3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

  • None advanced for today's call

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • ITI, PCC and QRPH holding face-to-face meetings in Toronto, Feb. 7-10


Domain Coordination Issues

  • Organizes profiles by category. Will be used for informational and planning purposes to identify related and dependent profiles.
  • Updated Category names to make Codesets/Terminologies a top-level category
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to set up teleconference with Cross-domain Strategic Planning Subcommittee and PCC Planning Committee leaders (Laura Heermann and Laura Bright) to review matrix and place PCC profiles appropriately. Other domain co-chairs invited to take part.
  • Action Item: All domain planning co-chairs to review matrix, provide feedback on categories and descriptions and complete placement of all Trial Implementation and Final Text profiles by Feb. 18. Matrix will be reviewed for approval on March 1 DCC tcon.

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

1. Non-MS Word Diagrams (UML, BPEL, etc.) in Technical Framework Documents

  • DICOM committees allowing .svg format for diagrams included in DICOM standards
  • Committee reviewed outline and updated information required to include file format
  • Supplement template (see below) needs to include instructions for elements to be included in essential diagrams
  • Need specified location for storing source files on ftp site
  • Action Item: Mary Jungers to develop simple description of process for authors providing non-Word diagrams, including ftp directory for dropping off files

2. Vol. 1 Template Section Headings

  • Actors/Transactions section can reference forward to Actor Groupings and Profile Interactions section for profiles where that section is especially important
  • Supplement template will need detailed author instructions describing the intended content of each section
  • Actor Description and Requirements section should contain requirements that aren't addressed in Vol. 2 transaction definitions (eg, security requirements)
  • Needs to clearly distinguish between descriptive elements and requirements (including examples)
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to request that Steve Moore provide samples of the kinds of requirements to be included in this section
  • Templates derived from section headings document will be used by all committees for new profiles; committees can decide whether to upgrade existing documents
  • Motion: Approve section headings and development of new Vol. 1 Template and Supplement Template to be used by all domains
  • Approved with one abstention
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to develop Vol. 1 template based on approved section headings
  • Action Item: Mary Jungers to update supplement template based on approved section headings

3. Anatomic Pathology excluded from www.ihe.net domain pages

  • Action Item: Chris Carr to update AP domain page on ihe.net

Governance Implementation

Next steps and New Actions Items

  • Next Tcon: Feb. 1 (note return to regular biweekly scheduled date)

Domain Coordination Committee