IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2010-06-22 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


  • Keith Boone - PCC Tech
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Jason Colquitt - QRPH
  • Tom Dolan - Cardiology
  • Ana Estelrich - QRPH
  • Ken Fuchs - PCD Plan
  • Yvonne Horton - HIMSS
  • Mary Jungers - Document Specialist
  • Chris Lindop - Radiology Plan/Tech
  • Flora Lum - Eyecare
  • Joan McMillen - RSNA
  • Steve Merritt - PCD Plan
  • Mike Nusbaum - ITI Plan
  • Sondra Renly - Lab Tech
  • John Rhoads- PCD Tech
  • Lisa Spellman - HIMSS
  • Karen Witting - ITI Tech


General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of Minutes

  • Approved with 3 abstentions

3. Flag any Future Agenda Topics for Next Meeting

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

  • ITI - Opening Public Comment
    • XDS Metadata Update: update and delete transaction for XDS metadata
    • Deadline for comments: July 11
  • ITI: Authoring White Paper (in cooperation with IHE Canada): "Patient Identity Management in Document Sharing"; of interest to radiology and other domains doing document sharing; estimated publication date: late summer or early fall
  • RAD - Opening Public Comment
    • Multiple Image Manager/Archive (MIMA) - new option to SWF and PIR Profiles for image managers to talk to each other and handle multiple patient identifier assigning authorities
    • Deadline: 2010-07-19
    • Input/feedback sought from CARD, EYE, RO, PATH since this might be used to coordinate departmental PACS
  • RAD - Published for Trial Implementation
    • Chest X-Ray CAD Display (CXCAD) - specifies how DICOM Chest CAD evidence objects and Chest Images are combined and displayed.
  • Cardiology - Trial Implementation versions of Profiles to be Published about July 21
  • Image Enabled Office
  • Displayable Report (revised)
  • Resting ECG Workflow

2. Co-chair Elections

  • Calls for nominations will be issued in ITI, PCC, PCD and QRPH in the next week; will review rules on terms, eligibility, etc.

Domain Coordination Issues

1. ITI Cross-domain outreach process

  • Board subcommittee discussed strategic planning of development activities across domains and identified the following next steps:
  • Propose refined mission statement and road map outline
  • Work with Domain Coordination Committee and Secretaries to develop welcome kit for new domain participants
  • Update Wiki Process pages
  • Organize outreach event with participants from targeted stakeholder groups
  • Action Item: Task force (Chris Carr, Mike Nusbaum, Kevin O'Donnell) to work on guidance for new authors and Wiki Process page for review by Domain Coordination Committee

2. HL7 Subgroup: ITI CP 211 Outcomes

  • CP attempts to reconcile how different versions of HL7 are coordinated
  • CP Failed ballot: will be discussed at ITI face-to-face on Thursday, July 15, 10-11am CT; call ins welcome
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to forward Webex dial-in info to the group when available

3. Document Publication Schedule and Document Review Overload

  • Deferred to next meeting

4. Improving Documentation

  • Refining the two versions of supplement templates currently in use: general and PCC
  • Mary Jungers has developed a side-by-side comparison of the two templates
  • Hold discussion to review and try to agree on a single version

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

  • Action Item: Co-chairs to check and confirm information
  • Document publication status
  • Upcoming document publication dates: several Trial Implementation documents to be published in July
  • Tracks all profiles and their current publication status
  • Indicates which ones have and have not been added to the profile library

Next Meeting

  • July 6, 9-10:30am CDT
  • Proposal to switch minutes from Wiki to Google Docs
  • Community Review of IHE Profiles (from RO)
  • Document Publication Schedule and Document Review Overload
  • July 20, 9-10:30am CDT
  • NHIN Direct concerns about convenience and organization of IHE documentation

Domain Coordination Committee