IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2010-01-13 Teleconference Minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Charles Parisot
- Ken Fuchs
- Mike McCoy
- Mike Nusbaum
- Sondra Renly
- Jason Colquitt
- Tone Southerland
- Laura Heermann-Langford
- Todd Cooper
- Kevin O'Donnell
- Lisa Spellman
- Joan McMillen
- Celina Roth
- Chris Carr
- Connectathon Feedback
- Conference generally successful
- Size of event is making general social networking less effective
- Find way to pull new vendors into conversation, possibly committee work
- Co-chairs to reach out to new vendors to make contact, see if they have questions, etc.
- Consider social event; organizing BOF sessions; domain lunch tables, etc.
- Visual cues for domain organization of testing floor
- Size of Connectathon reaching physical, logistical limits?
- Consider adding second annual testing event?
- Divide up by domain?
- Divide prototypes from products?
- Will Gazelle add efficiencies to make scale less of a problem?
- Develop matrix of system types to give a different view of Connectathon activity, help make sense of confusion of Connectathon
- Break into edge systems, infrastructure, intra-enterprise, etc.
- Use of social media - @RSNA used Live Twitter feed to communicate; perhaps publish / code to discuss / share more live activities; break the silos
- Desire to improve communication about the work / results / activities @ these events;
- Example: there could be some benefit for domain chair - representatives to perhaps see if something is not working w/a profile and offer guidance; OHT uses Skype chat
- ITI Planning continuing strategic planning, activities include reaching out to other domains and more specifically encouraging cross-domain opportunities,
- Forthcoming issue: Reached liasion D status w/ISO - ISO documents [template] are used; benefits-issues to creating ISO-standard Technical Report Template for IHE Profiles - to be discussed at next Domain Coordination Meeting; recent discussion with IHE, HL7 - could we structure IHE specifiction could be done insuch a way starting with the top [e.g., national specification and down];
- Time to move this discussion to the IHE International Board:
(1) publish exisiting pair of IHE-ISO process documents. (2) Move for A status. (3) Move to publication chain [ISO templating, national efforts and how to splice IHE content into final document.
- Certification: IHE service - pre & post certification testing - potential for future. IHE Europe is developing a quality model with European Union.
- Take these issue to Testing & Tools Committee.
- Domain Report to the IHE International Board: Initial model-One report per domain per year and then annually. Trying to avoid report a cut & paste of profile catalog. Terse Model: benefit of bullet point brevity, however, longer narrative is helpful for sponsors to utilize for external communication. Benefit of linking yearly domain report. Kevin to repost the document about How To.