IHE Domain Coordination Committee 2009-04-28 Teleconference Minutes

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Mike Nusbaum, ITI Plan
  • Tone Southerland - PCC Tech
  • Rick Butler - Eye Care Tech
  • John Rhoades - PCD Tech
  • Steve Merritt - PCD Tech
  • Karen Witting - ITI Tech
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Radiology Plan
  • Jason Colquitt - QRPH Tech
  • Ken Fuchs - PCD Plan
  • John Donnelly - PCC Plan
  • Bruce Curran - RO
  • Steve Moore - MIR
  • Lisa Spellman - HIMSS
  • Chris Carr - RSNA
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo - RSNA
  • Guest: Frank Oemig - Agfa

Minutes

General Committee Business

1. Roll Call see Roster

2. Approval of Minutes


3. New Business: from Future Agenda Topics Page

4. Review Action Items List

Domain Announcements

1. Domain Milestone Dates

2. Laboratory: Opening Public Comment

  • Publication Plan: Soon Comments Due: May 23, 2009
  • White Paper on External Laboratory Order
  • No specific feedback requested

3. ITI: Evaluated for Final Text

  • XDS.b Approved pending outcome of Euro-Connectathon; Final decision in May
  • PDQ.v3 Approved pending development of test tools, resolution of CPs and outcome of Euro-Connectathon
  • PIX/PDQ Approved pending development of test tools, resolution of CPs and outcome of Euro-Connectathon
  • XDR not approved due to lack of implementations and testing

4. ITI: Evaluated for Retirement

  • XDS.a proposed for retirement due to universal vendor shift to XDS.b which makes XDS.a redundant.
  • Final decision will be made in May

Domain Coordination Issues

1. R2/RE Discussion

  • Outcomes of 4/16 Tcon
  • Optionality and Terminology Discussion
  • R2 vs RE is one example of terminology discrepancies within technical frameworks
  • Frank Oemig presented a document that attempts to address these issues and provide a consistent explanation of each
  • Normative language terms need to be defined and documented here; likely remain a stable reference
  • Needs to include specific mapping to underlying standards; consistent with terminology used in underlying standards
  • Intended to provide abstract use case descriptions; not to address how individual profiles work, dependencies, etc.
  • Provides guidance to profile authors, but also for implementers of profiles
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to circulate Frank Oemig's optionality document to co-chairs and profile authors; co-chairs and profile authors to provide comments to Frank Oemig; Frank Oemig will continue to be primary edit document
  • Review again on May 26 (?) tcon

Documentation, Websites and Public Information

1. Supplement Packaging for TI and PC

2. Radiology Board Report

Governance Implementation

1. Adherence to balloting process for co-chair elections

  • Deprecation process needs review: what are the steps needed to document, etc.
  • Laboratory Domain holding co-chair elections at Kyoto meeting:
  • Governance document requires 15-day email ballot for co-chairs
  • Action Item: Chris Carr to communicate requirement to Lab secretary the requirement in Governance document for email ballot
  • Teleconference Access is not always being offered for domain meetings
  • Impress upon domain secretaries that telephone access is highly advised
  • Teleconference access for detailed discussions is not optimal; committee members should be encouraged to attend face-to-face meetings; but access for votes must be provided by tcon to facilitate international participation

Next steps and New Actions Items

Domain Coordination Committee