IHERO UseCase 2011 Dan Schifter
1. Proposed Workitem: Isocenter coordinates transfer to lasers
- Proposal Editor: Dan Schifter, email@example.com
- Editor: Nick Linton, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613 254 8725
- Date: 26 Mar 2011 (Wiki keeps history)
- Version: 1.0 (Wiki keeps history)
- Domain: Radiation Oncology
2. The Problem
Isocenter coordinates from the TumorLoc application & Philips Big Bore CT scanner are not automatically transferred to our Gammex lasers and need to be manually inserted.
See also []
3. Key Use Case
How it works now:
- The User marks an isocenter in the TumorLoc software application
- The User reads the isocenter co-ordinates on the screen
- The User manually enters the isocenter co-ordinates into the laser control computer
- The User then manually moves the CT couch to the desired couch position.
How it should be:
- The User marks an isocenter in the TumorLoc application
- The application automatically transfers the co-ordinates to the laser control computer
- The application automatically transfers the couch position to the couch control system
- The User moves the couch by pressing the couch release button.
4. Standards & Systems
DICOM RT objects.
<Include additional discussion or consider a few details which might be useful for the detailed proposal>
- <Why IHE would be a good venue to solve the problem and what you think IHE should do to solve it.>
- <What might the IHE technical approach be? Existing Actors? New Transactions? Additional Profiles?>
- <What are some of the risks or open issues to be addressed?>