IHERO UseCase 2010 Image fusion CT and CT PET
This template is for one or two page IHE workitem proposals for initial review.
1. Proposed Workitem: Using fusion results from one registration with another pair of images
- Proposal Editor: Jonathan Howe, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editor: Jonathan Howe (Colin Field put on wiki)
- Date: N/A (Wiki keeps history)
- Version: N/A (Wiki keeps history)
- Domain: Radiation Oncology
2. The Problem
This specification needs to be made vendor neutral.
When importing PET-CT studies into Philips Pinnacle (8.0m) our clinical process is to fuse the CT from the PET-CT to the treatment planning CT, then apply this fusion result (translation and rotation information) to the PET. However, when applying the function to copy the transformation the PET study is offset in the posterior direction. This is a systematic error and is equal to the difference in the field of view between the CT of the PET-CT and the PET. This problem exists for studies acquired on a dedicated PET-CT system (i.e. PET and CT share the same coordinate system) and is reprodicible with PET-CTs from different manufacturers.
3. Key Use Case
<Describe a short use case scenario from the user perspective. The use case should demonstrate the integration/workflow problem.>
<Feel free to add a second use case scenario demonstrating how it “should” work. Try to indicate the people/systems, the tasks they are doing, the information they need, and hopefully where the information should come from.>
4. Standards & Systems
<List existing systems that are/could be involved in the problem/solution.>
<If known, list standards which might be relevant to the solution>
<Include additional discussion or consider a few details which might be useful for the detailed proposal>
- <Why IHE would be a good venue to solve the problem and what you think IHE should do to solve it.>
- <What might the IHE technical approach be? Existing Actors? New Transactions? Additional Profiles?>
- <What are some of the risks or open issues to be addressed?>
<This is the brief proposal. Try to keep it to 1 or at most 2 pages>