GDC Minutes 2021-10-06
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Mike Nusbaum (co-Chair), IHE Canada
- Vince MacCauley, IHE Australia
- Peter MacIsaac, IHE Australia
- Herbert Down, Australia Digital Health Agency (Guest)
- Edmund Kienast, Australia Digital Health Agency (Guest)
- Daniel Benezeanu, IHE Canada
- Didi Davis, IHE USA
- Dewinder Bhachu, IHE UK
- Jiwu Zhang, IHE China
- Salt, IHE Japan
- Tie Tjee, IHE Netherlands
National Deployment Committees
- Board reports and status updates
- No Deployment Committee reports were available for this meeting
- The Australian Standards Landscape – current and future state (Joint presentation by Vince McCauley (IHE Australia) and Herbert Down (Australia Digital Health Agency)
- Australia has tried to navigate the completing demands and approaches for standardisation over the past two decades, and to accommodate the needs of national programs such as Secure Messaging, the Health Identifiers, Health Services Directories and MyHealthRecord (a national Health Information Exchange based on products using IHE’s XDS profile). We have experienced challenges of achieving uptake and use of standards (along with national infrastructure) and compliance/conformance testing. We hope for discussion on approaches from comparable countries from colleagues representing international IHE deployment groups.
- Presentation slides
- Future Presentations and tentative schedule:
- Nov (US/EU): Greek National eHealth Information Framework - Projectathon (Charles)
- Dec (EU/Asia): eGabon National HIE with World Bank - Projectathon (Charles)
Global Consortium for eHealth Interoperability Update
- Didi Davis (USA) reported that the Global Consortium has entered into an agreement with the Global Digital Health Partnership to provide a myriad of services and deliverables for the GDHP. Details will be made available shortly.
Open Forum (informal information sharing)
- Mike Nusbaum announced the upcoming openForum, hosted by the Joint Initiative Council (JIC) in partnership with the GDHP, to be held on December 9th, 2021. The topic will be the International Patient Summary: Adoption and Implementation. This event is open to all stakeholders, and is offered at no cost. Details to follow.
- Tie Tjee (Netherlands) presented on an upcoming meeting he will be attending next week, on the topic of Anti-Trust as related to digital health. The group supported a standards approach (as opposed to a vendor approach) for a national digital health infrastructure as a way to ensure fairness and equal access.
- Wednesday, November 3 2021, 09:00-10:00am CT (EU/US friendly time)