GDC Minutes 2021-07-07
From IHE Wiki
- Mike Nusbaum (co-Chair)
- Joyce Sensmeier (US)
- Peter MacIsaac (Aus)
- Yusanari Shiokawa (Salt) (Japan)
- Vince MacCauley(Aus)
- Amit Trivedi (US)
- Approval of agenda
- Permission to record this session
- Link to minutes recording
National Deployment Committees
- Salt presented the IHE Japan report, which was unanimously approved for presentation at the next IHE International Board meeting.
- Joyce and Amit presented the IHE USA report, which was unanimously approved for presentation at the next IHE International Board meeting.
Global Consortium for eHealth Interoperability Update
- Status (only if time permits)
- IHE USA cooperative agreement with ONC to advance FHIR (Joyce)
- IHE USA is the national deployment committee of the standards development organization IHE International. IHE USA engages the US-based health IT community to adopt and use world-class standards, tools, and services for interoperability to deliver on its vision of improved quality, value, and safety in healthcare by enabling rapid, scalable, and secure access to health information at the point of care.
- As part of a multi-year cooperative agreement, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) and Integrating the Health Enterprise (IHE) USA are working together to accelerate the adoption of FHIR-based IHE integration profiles to drive the adoption of the FHIR standard in compliance with the 21st Century Cures Act.
- Amit Trivedi presented on this topic, and his slides are available at this link
- Future Presentations and tentative schedule:
- Aug (US/EU): eGabon National HIE with World Bank - Projectathon (Charles)
- Sep (EU/Asia): European X-eHealth, April slot (Jürgen)
- Oct (Asia/US): Australia: National approach to Health IT Standards selection, March slot (Vince)
- Nov (US/EU): Greek National eHealth Information Framework - Projectathon (Charles)
- Dec (EU/Asia):
Open Forum (informal information sharing)
- Wednesday, August 4 2021, 9:00-10:00am CT (US/EU friendly time)