GDC Minutes 2015-07-01
From IHE Wiki
- Jürgen Brandstätter
- Alexander Ihls
- Jamie Kontos
- Stephane Spahni
- Chris Carr
- Approval of agenda
- Approval of last minutes
- Skipped because last TCon on Jun 3 was cancelled
National/Regional Deployment Committee Membership
- Question coming up during the last Financial Sustainability call. GDC should provide feedback on that.
- What will their status be until dues are paid? (provisional, transitional, interim, etc.?)
- When will dues need to officially be paid in order to retain membership?
- Jürgen: This question must be divided between already existing DCs and new ones (from now on)
- New ones: Should be "provisional" until due is paid (and other constraint are not achieved). If transition to "full" does work by time, the DC must be removed again (by an escalation process within the board).
- Existing ones: Existing DCs should be continued treated as "full acknowedged" assuming that they pay their fee. Just in case they don't pay, escalation should take place on this specific case, which leads also into a removal of the DC as last resort.
- Stephane: Agrees to Jürgen's statement. We need a significant period for payment for existing DCs, especially after this first invoice
- Alexander: Agrees too.
- Chris: Agrees too. Proposes that the payment period should be at least until Dec this year for existing DCs. New DCs even longer. A special treatment for DCs of low and middle income countries should be considered.
- Chris will summarize our expressions and forwards it further to the Board Operations and Financial Sustainability Group.
- Current status
- Skipped because of absence of a representative
IHE Deployment Committee Reports
- No reports submitted for review
- Pending and contacted
- IHE Italy - Due in January. Last report is from 2013.
- IHE UK - Past due. Last report is from 2013.
- IHE Japan - Past due. Last report is from 2012.
- IHE Spain (España) - Past due. Last report is from 2012.
- IHE France - due in July. Last report is from Oct 2014.
- IHE Germany - due in August.
- Chris/Jamie will keep reminding them
- Status (TCon held on 6/30)
- Please see minutes for details
- Alexander: At the CAT-EU 2016 in Germany, a local symposium is already planned in parallel to the CAT. Having an additional WS is impossible. Would prefer the "international" WS variant.
- Local events can and should take place in parallel to CATs, but are no subsitute to a worldwide WS.
- There are a lot of "global" topics available to be covered by a "global" WS.
- Jürgen: Copies this statement
- Chris: Agrees that the burden of organizing a global WS might be too much for a national/regional committee.
- The question if the WS should be "international" or grouped with CATs per region must be answered next, before we can continue.
- Jürgen will elaborate the question to support decision-making.
- MarComm is host of this activity and asks GDC for supporting the information-gathering from/to the DCs
- 1) Tracking presentation opportunities
- 2) Tracking implementation case studies
- Need to update case studies page on ihe.net
- Alexander: Understands the goal of this activity, but tracking the content of presentations might have implications (language, copyright, etc.).
- Should first concentrate on "when was/is IHE presented somewhere.
- To (1): Main reason is to keep track of "who is presenting where" and in case it's possible, also gather and expose the presentation on the IHE website
- To (2): There is a web-form available for entering case studies
- To (1): This is not a small activity. Communication processes must be developed by MarComm (e.g. how are presentation opportunities reported, is there one giant spreadsheet with oppurtunities are one per year, who is the overall responsible, etc.). GDC will carry out the process once developed.
- To (2): IHE Austria experienced difficulties in developing a process for reporting case studies. Many tricky questions were explored, e.g. do we need a reviewer or do we trust the submitter, when is a case-study dignified to be a "true" case-study (how many profiles must it contain, etc.)? Is this solved on the global level?
- Chris: Preference for submission of case-studies are "users". Process is quite adhoc, working in collaboration with the submitter. Includes also a review, if the case-study is acknowledged as a "valid case study".
- We wait for MarComm to develop the process and trigger us with concrete actions.
New Report Template
- Current status
- Skipped due to time
Any other business
- Aug 5, 2016, 10am - 11am CET