GDC Minutes 2014-06-25

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

World Summit 2014

  • Review and approval of last minutes
  • Skipped


  • Kevin's panel
  • 2 people (Canada, Netherlands) already accepted
  • Other possibilities:
  • Korea (Dr. Lee) was asked, responsed that final approval not before end of July
  • Japan (Dr. Kimura) would accept, but is double booked, because already on panel 3
  • Australia (Vince McCauley) was asked
  • Switzerland
  • Italy (Venice region)
  • Columbia (Vladimir)
  • Brazil (Marcello)
  • Saudi Arabia (Dr. Balkhair), not optimal because also double booked
  • Chris' panel "Case studies"
  • 2 slots missing
  • Possiblities
  • NHS Image Sharing (Dave Harvey, Cardiff)
  • Austria, Lower Austria XDS document and image sharing (Dr. Alexander Schanner, already confirmed to attend the summit)
  • Chris' panel "IHE Essentials"
  • All internal people, yet to contact
  • Jürgen's panel
  • Completed
  • Passes all information to Nichole
  • Nichole will prepare invitation with special link


  • Keynotes status
  • Opening, Closing keynote is set
  • John Halumka has been asked
  • He responded to try to re-arrange his schedule, no answer since
  • Doug Fridsma
  • His role has changed, no longer a candidate
  • His successor we don't have relation to
  • EC speaker
  • Status Lapo unknown
  • WHO is abandoned for this event


  • Action Items
  • Done: A redirect has been established directly at the registrar of the URL, which points to www.ihe.net/worldsummit
  • Pending: Transfer of domain to IHE International
    • Nichole: Social event information added to ihe.net
  • Done
    • Nichole: Discuss specifics with videographer
  • In progress, will be put off
    • Nichole: Sync Google Excel with online program
  • Done
    • Chris: First contacts Vladimir (with invitation of Kevin) and connects him to Kevin
  • Done
    • Joyce: Contact Doug Fridsma and John Halumka
  • Done
    • Chris: Send NIST contacts to Jürgen
  • Done
    • Stefan: Developer Track for website will be delivered end of next week (by June 6); Block 1-5 headlines with short abstract to each block
  • Delivered by email at Jun 6


  • Developer track status
  • Status Stefan Sauermann
  • Program has been delivered, but not taken up yet
  • Scope still as in Istanbul: A high-level technical course for newbies to get in touch with IHE profiles and testing
  • Issues:
  • Mohawk college not available
  • Stefan has issues with funding, his university sees no added value in this to fund this trip and effort
  • Eric has not responded, must be taken as not available
  • NIST is willing to participant, but there are differences in opinion on the scope/curriculum (NIST would rather go on technical details of profiles)
  • No advertisment has been made yet
  • Person certification program (which would be a driver for this) is not yet in place
  • Question: Shall we keep that or abandon for this summit?
  • Discussion:
  • Mike: suggests to keep it up, do extensive marketing and form a team of Stefan/Steve Moore/NIST
  • Stefan: Curriculum exists, slides could be presented by anyone skilled. Level of content is a bit too "low" for NIST
  • Jürgen: If we start doing marketing we must make sure that someone runs the track and everything is in place right in time
  • Decision:
  • Step 1: Chris will ask peer-to-peer Steve Moore for taking up responsibility of this track (Eric Poiseau or NIST are second candidates)
  • Step 2: Decide afterwards if we continue with the track, depending if one of them takes up the responsibility for this track


  • Announcement plan and marketing
  • Jürgen: It's really silent about the summit. We must start doing intensive Marketing immediately
  • Chris:
  • Several email blasts are planned including the summit and some exclusively for the summit


GDC Committee status

  • Decision on next call
  • Postponed


Any other business

  • Education committee
  • Proposal: Start with it as a sub-comittee of the GDC
  • Discussion
  • Stefan would try to attract persons out of the IHE education network he has access to this group
  • Already started whitepaper should be continued
  • Mike proposes to postpone this decision to September
  • Stefan is ok with the delay, but it shall not be further postponed
  • Decision: Definitely targeted in the September 3rd, 2014 call


Next call (World Summit sub-committee)

  • Jul 8, 2014 (instead of Jul 9, which is blocked by IHE International Retreat)


Global Deployment Coordination Committee