GDC Minutes 2014-05-28

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Welcome

  • Participants
  • Jürgen Brandstätter
  • Chris Carr
  • Joan McMillen
  • Joyce Sensmeier
  • Kevin O'Donnell
  • Sungkee Lee
  • Nichole Drye-Mayo
  • Lapo Bertini
  • Stefan Sauermann
  • Review and approval of last minutes


World Summit 2014

  • Review of website and registration
  • Online version of program?
  • Review Action item: Jürgen will shutdown the current location this URL is pointing to
  • In progress
  • World Summit site map should include?
  • Program
  • Registration
  • Speakers list (Photo, CV)
  • Details on the location
  • Details on the social events
  • Past summits
  • Review Action item: Chris: Location, Social Event will be added to web appearence
  • In progress, will be done in the next days, reminder email will reference that
  • Review Action item: Jürgen: Drafts template for past summit
  • Already started, in progress, made in Winword, will be provided until next call
  • Current registrations?
  • Not many
  • Promotional video
  • Review Action item: Chris: Contact the IHE videographer (Shelley Melanson)
  • Has been contacted, will be provided with additional infos, will be onsite
  • Action item: Nichole: Continues with IHE videographer (Shelley Melanson)
  • Review of program
  • Review Action item: Chris: Sync Google Excel with online program
  • In progress, will be done in the next days
  • Action item passed to Nichole: Action item: Nichole: Sync Google Excel with online program
  • Kevin's panel
  • Review Action item: Joyce tries to get in contact with Brazil for the panelist (in sync with Kevin)
  • Other interesting option: Vladimir from Columbia
  • Action item passed to Chris: Action item: Chris: First contacts Vladimir (with invitation of Kevin) and connects him to Kevin
  • Stefan notes that a lot of change is going on in Columbia in the last 2 weeks
  • Keynotes status
  • Opening, Closing: Status Elliot, David?
  • Review Action item: Chris will ask both for final approval of attendance
  • Final approval achieved. David does opening, Elliot does closing.
  • US ONC (Friday 1pm)
  • Review Action item: Joyce: Other contacts (e.g., Dough Fridsmann, John Halumka) will be contacted.
  • Dough Fridsmann
  • Formal process of requesting someone of ONC to speak has been started
  • No answer yet
  • Joyce will personally ask Dough Fridsmann soon
  • John Halumka
  • Contacting in progress, Joyce has a good relationship to John
  • WHO (Saturday 9am)
  • Review Action item: Will be re-asked by Elliot/Jürgen/Kevin
  • Done
  • No reaction of Ramesh so far, Elliot advised to not pursue anymore but abandon
  • Decision: Last try: Kevin will ask Ramesh during his DICOM phone call with him within 2 weeks. If that does not succeed WHO will be abandoned.
  • Action item: Kevin: Ask Ramesh personally within 2 weeks
  • Plan Bs in case WHO does not work:
  • 1) Maybe a Brazil government person, latin america is an emerging continent
  • Action item: Jürgen has some contacts and will check chances
  • 2) Maybe a Trillium Bridge person (IHE-Europe is permanently represented in Trillium Bridge)
  • Action item: Lapo will present that idea within the EU-Affairs committee within IHE-Europe
  • Attempted date for finalizing keynotes: Jun 11th
  • Developer track status
  • Volunteers of NIST
  • Review Action item: Chris: Send NIST contacts to Jürgen
  • Done
  • Review Action item: Chris: Jürgen will take care about informing Stefan/Justin
  • Done
  • Status Stefan Sauermann, Justin Fyfe
  • Curriculum of Istanbul will be principally repeated in Chicago
  • NIST and Eric have not been contacted yet
  • Developer Track is secured
  • Action item: Stefan: Agenda for website will be delivered until end of next week latest
  • Block 1-5 headlines with short abstract to each block
  • Announcement plan and marketing
  • Announcements will be sent with "teasers" of the program
  • Every final part of the programm could be feeded into a mailing
  • First feed which will be converted in a mailing: Final panel 5
  • Review Action item: Chris: Send out until end of week
  • Will be done when website is updated with social event information (see above)
  • Other future feeds: Keynote fixed, Developer track fixed, etc.


GDC Committee status

  • Decision on next call
  • Jun 18th
  • Review Action item: Chris: Drafts an agenda for the call
  • In progress


Any other business

  • Education committee
  • Proposal: Start with it as a sub-comittee of the GDC
  • Decision could be taken at Jun 18 call (put on agenda)


Next call (World Summit sub-committee)

  • Jun 11, 2014


Global Deployment Coordination Committee