GDC Minutes 2013.08.28

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Lapo Bertini
  • Juergen Brandstaetter
  • Chris Carr
  • La Shawn Edwards
  • Joan McMillen
  • Mike Nusbaum
  • Greg Zeller

Regular Business

  • Approval of minutes of the last meeting
  • Motion: Approve minutes as published. Carried Unanimously

Proposal: GDC Work- and Action items list

  • Introduction into a possible GDC Work- and Action items list (Jürgen Brandstätter)

World Summit 2013 - Video

  • Discussion about World Summit 2013 video (Jürgen Brandstätter)
  • Reviewed content of video. Ready for publication.
  • Go ahead with HD version fur projection on large screen and for publication on Web.
  • Consider including video production in plans for 2014 summit.

World Summit 2014

  • Venue and timing
  • Washington DC
  • Advantage: Invitation to officials of US gov easier
  • Easier access to officials in general
  • Hotel options
  • (1) Gaylord resort (outside of DC, no metro access)
  • (2) In the city (with subway line, but more expensive) OR
  • Todo RSNA
  • Check both options for February 19-21 2014
  • Should have rooms for 100 people
  • Should have meeting rooms available (1 big for 100, 1 smaller for 40)
  • Catering
  • Determine the following prices:
  • Hotel room price per Person in Single room
  • Meeting room rentals (including beamers, soundsystem, etc.)
  • Catering/coffee during the meeting day per day per Person (1 Full day, 1 Half day)
  • Status: Request for venue information was forwarded to RSNA meetings department to identify candidate venues and costs. Will provide candidate sites for next meeting.
  • Team to develop marketing content:
  • Mike, Juergen, Chris, Lapo
  • Work with MarComm to develop themes for 2014 Summit
  • Add to discussion agenda for 9/4 Marcomm tcon
  • Designate marketing lead who will update materials on ihe.net Website
  • Need to be able to generate and update content quickly; be able to manage design and layout
  • Need professional support to update logo, graphics, etc? Chris will investigate RSNA marketing ability to support
  • Create list of marketing items required based on last year's experience, eg:
  • Separate micro-Website linked to ihe.net or use ihe.net (or other) site
  • Develop meeting logo and general look and feel for Web and print publications. Cento Cento will provide updated version of logo. Lapo will obtain and provide updated logo.
  • Create printable (pdf) flyer

Completing constitution of GDC

  • (1) Invitation to Deployment Committees for nominees to GDC
  • Ask deployment committees to name their designated representative to the GDC in order to create a mailing list
  • Should also include explanation about the GDC and its purpose
  • Should also include a link to the governance
  • Action Items: Chris Carr to 1) Update and republish governance; 2) add charter and mission to wiki page; 3) add page for committee on ihe.net. Due by 9/11
  • (2) Establish a regular meeting schedule
  • Start with biweekly meetings. Next meeting, Sept. 11, 10am CT.
  • (3) Co-chair election

Next TCon

  • Begin schedule of biweekly one-hour meetings with call on Weds., Sept. 11, 10 am CT

Global Deployment Coordination Committee