EduCom Minutes 2019-01-08
Tuesday, 8th January 2019, 10am - 11:30am CT (Chicago) (5pm - 6:30pm Vienna Time)
- Jürgen Brandstätter
- Stefan Sauermann
- Werner Henschelchen
- Chris Carr
- Alexander Ihls
- Review and Approve Agenda
About the term "Professional"
Comments came in from a number of committee members, about the meaning of the term "Professional". The committee must decide today on how to handle the branding of our new IHE educational program. Background info re: use of the term "professional" in other business contexts, and the prerequisites to achieve the credential... Professional Engineer Health Informatics Professional Microsoft Professional Program
- Do we stay with the "IHE Certified Professional Program" (ICP Program) name?
- to decribe the overall effort
- Do we stay with the "ICP Foundation Level Exam" ?
- as a name for the first outcome?
- Those who pass the exam will get a certificate of the type
- "Person xx has passed the ICP Foundation Level Exam within the IHE Certified Professional Program"
Decision on nature, structure and naming of the ICP program
- 1) The ICP program offers several exams, e.g.,:
- "IHE Foundations" (formally know as "Foundation level") - currently under development
- "Document sharing with IHE XDS (technical perspective)" - future
- "Document sharing with IHE XDS (architecture perspective)" - future
- "Image sharing with IHE XDS-I (technical perspective)" - future
- "Audit and Security" - future
- 2) The ICP program offers several has 2 levels:
- Level 1: "Single exam" level: results into a certificate named "Professional"
- An applicant gets tested on one of those exams at own choice. When passes it, he/she is elible to call him/herself an "IHE Certified Professional - <exam name>"
- Example: "IHE Certified Professional - IHE Foundations"
- Example: "IHE Certified Professional - Image sharing with IHE XDS-I (technical perspective)"
- Level 2: "Multiple exam" level: results into a certificate named "Solution expert"
- An applicant gets tested on a group of those exams. When passes it, he/she is elible to call him/herself an "IHE Certified Solution expert - <group name>"
- Example: Group name: "Solution expert for Document Sharing" needs passing:
- "IHE Foundation"
- "Audit and Security"
- "Document sharing with IHE XDS (technical perspective)"
- "Document sharing with IHE XDS (architecture perspective)"
- Example: "IHE Certified Solution Expert - Document Sharing with IHE XDS"
- 3) Grouping with certifications of other organizations
- This is an option for the future, has a lot of implications and side effects
- Other organizations may be encouraged to include the IHE ICP program in their certifications
- Decision: This decision was taken unanimously
- Werner shows the "Processes draft document" (internal document)
- Exam development process and exams have to be kept private to fully comply to the ISO standard
- Decision: We ignore that for now, will be set aright at the point when we go for an ISO compliance accredidation
- Offline review by Alexander Ihls until next call
- Next committee review at next call
- Document will be published after next call
(Stefan) See a [draft version of the Syllabus]
- Syllabus quickly reviewed
- Will be further developed by Stefan Sauermann
- Comments welcome at any time
- Guided review will be started soon and moderated by Stefan Sauermann
The Exam Development group has started a review of the questions.
- Comments on learning outcomes must be addressed in the syllabus.
- Do we publish the learning outcomes only as part of the syllabus?
- If we publis a list, then this must be maintained in synchrony with the syllabus
- Can the exam tool handle this?
- Postponed to next call due to time
Technikum Wien is working on material for the online course under development. Priview coming soon. This also includes information about the ICP program.
- Postponed to next call due to time
Any other business