EduCom Minutes 2018-09-17

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting details

Monday, 17th September 2018, 7:30 - 8:30 CT


Welcome

  • Participants
  • Jürgen Brandstätter
  • Stefan Sauermann
  • Alexander Ihls
  • Elliot Sloane
  • John Moehrke
  • Rene Spronk
  • Vladimir Quintero
  • Oren Pollak (as guest)
  • Kinson Ho (as guest)
  • Review and Approve Agenda
  • Approved


Introduction into IHE Certified Professional

  • Current status
  • Slide about the stakeholder structure GASQ/FHTW/IHE Services/Education Committee/IHE International has been presented
  • Discussion:
  • Elliot: Issue with "Education Committee", this might be not according to ISO 17025. The standard requires the strict separation of the "Exam related committee" from e.g. the training. Recommendation: Rename the committee. Finally the acting persons must be distinct. Every particating person has to decide, if he/she wants to be part of "exams" or "training"
  • Jürgen: This group is dedicated exam only. There might be to less persons to divide, but compliance with the standard is important. We have to check whether it's enough to form a distinct sub-committee within the current Education Committee OR if we need to fully separate and limit the scope of this committee to exams only.
  • Action item: Clarify this question until next meeting (Stefan, Werner)
  • After that: decision according to outcome of clarification (rename or forming a sub-committee)
  • Discussion on the Business Outcomes and Learning Outcomes, different amendments have been named
  • Decision: Business Outcomes and Learning Objectives shall be reviewed/commented/amended by the committee until next meeting
  • Action item: Create a Google-Working Document and send out to the group for review/commenting/amending (Stefan)
  • Number of questions: 50 for the exan, 50 in the pool in the beginning, up to 500-1000 later, which then can be published in advance
  • Alexander: We should have at least 100 questions from the beginning on. Common agreement to that.
  • Jürgen: How do we share exam questions for review? They should not be public at the FTP, because we have too few yet to give out examples
  • Decision: Exam questions will not be shared on the FTP
  • Action item: Work-out a process for secret review by the group (Stefan)
  • Schedule and Milestone dates
    • to be discussed:
      • Vote on development processes: Early October 2018
      • Vote on exam structure and all processes: End October 2018
      • Trial exams within the group, to generate feedback: November 2018
      • Vote on learning objectives and exam: End November 2018
      • Vote on Syllabus: Mid January 2019
  • Proposal accepted, identified as ambitious, we will try our best to hold the milestones


Certification Scheme

  • Kick-Off: Creation of syllabus and exam materials, processes, certification mark, etc.


Any other business

  • None


Next Meeting

  • Biweekly as published on the wiki (every second Tuesday, 4-5pm Vienna time, starting with Oct 2nd)
  • Decision: Approved with change that it will be held one hour later: 5-6pm Vienna time


IHE Education Committee