Dynamic Care Planning
The Dynamic Care Planning (DCP) Profile provides the structures and transactions for care planning, creating, updating and sharing Care Plans that meet the needs of many, such as providers, patients and payers.
The Dynamic Care Planning (DCP) Profile provides the structures and transactions for care planning, creating, updating and sharing Care Plans that meet the needs of many, such as providers, patients and payers. Care Plans can be dynamically updated as the patient interacts with the healthcare system. FHIR® resources and transactions are used by this profile. This profile does not define, nor assume, a single Care Plan for a patient.
The ability to target appropriate services and to coordinate care over time, across multiple clinicians and sites of service, with the engagement of the individual (i.e., longitudinal coordination of care) is essential to alleviating fragmented, duplicative and costly care for these medically-complex and/or functionally impaired persons.
Care planning is needed to manage medically complex and/or functionally impaired individuals as they interact with the health care system. Often, these individuals require real time coordination of the care as they receive care from multiple care providers and care settings. HL7® Care Plan Domain Analysis Model depicts the care plan as a tool used by clinicians to plan and coordinate care . Effective care planning and care coordination for patient with complex health problems and needs are needed throughout the world.
This profile depicts how multiple care plans can be shared and used to plan and coordinate care.
- EHR systems may create, update, manage care plans and also contribute to other care plans.
- Patients may query, retrieve and create/update care plans.
Actors & Transactions:
- Care Plan Contributor
- Care Team Contributor
- Care Plan Service
- Care Plan Definition Service
- Care Team Service
Profile Status: Trial Implementation
FHIR Implementation Guide
Note the following links are to current instances maintained in GitHub. This URL may change over time, which is why the canonical URI is provided. The canonical URI can not be used for browser navigation, but can be used for lookup at HL7 FHIR registry or GitHub as search capability allows.
- IHE DCP Implementation Guide
- canonical URI http://ihe.net/fhir/ImplementationGuide/IHE_DCP
- Actor Capability Statements
- DCP Care Plan Contributor Actor CapabilityStatement
- DCP Care Plan Service Actor CapabilityStatement
- DCP Care Plan Definition Service Actor CapabilityStatement
- DCTM Care Team Contributor Actor CapabilityStatement
- DCTM Care Team Service Actor CapabilityStatement
- Structure Definitions
- DCP Care Plan
- canonical URI http://ihe.net/fhir/StructureDefinition/IHE_DCP_CarePlan
- DCP Care Team
- canonical URI http://ihe.net/fhir/StructureDefinition/IHE_DCP_CareTeam
- DCP Subscription
- canonical URI http://hl7.org/fhir/StructureDefinition/DCPSubscription
- DCTM Subscription
- DCP Plan Definition
- DCP Activity Definition
- DCP Task
- DCP Care Plan
- Dynamic Care Team Management [DCTM] enables the efficient provision of health information that is needed for effective care planning and collaboration between applicable care team members and the patient.