Domain Planning Committee Cochair
Domain Planning Committees have two administrative cochairs who are responsible for the tasks below. Since everyone has a real job, having two cochairs allows them to load balance and there is a better chance there will be at least one cochair at each meeting. The cochairs are elected by the Domain Planning Committee, typically for two-year terms in alternate years so new cochairs will have an experienced cochair to help them get up to speed.
Publicly Communicate your Domain Activities
- Maintain the master Timeline on your Domain Page
- Maintain the Profile Selection information on your Domain Page
- Provide advance notifications of the main process deadlines and milestones to your Domain Sponsor Liaison for publication on IHE News.
Maintaining your Committee Roster
- Edit the master roster on your Committee Page accordingly
CoChairs are responsible for adding entries to the IHE Calendar for all T-Cons and Meetings.
- Click "Add Event" at the top of the calendar
- Pay attention to the Time Zone (IHE usually uses Central Time, i.e. Chicago)
- Include the Cmte Name in the Title
- List yourself as the Contact
- Select your committee in the Group pulldown
- Indicate the agenda/topic in the Event Description box
The sponsors are responsible for sending out notifications to the committee mailing list:
- when the meeting is first scheduled
- as a reminder a day or two before the meeting
Chairing Face-to-Face Meetings
Recommend that Cochairs attend Tech Cmte meetings to facilitate handoffs and proper division of tasks.