Document Digital Signature - Supplement revision 2
This work item is a revision to the current DSG supplement to update Digital Signatures to new IHE documentation template, and to use a newer version of XADES standard.
- Harmonize with the S&I Framework initiative esMD and HL7 CDA Digital Signature
- Harmonize the signature block requirements
- Potentially add option for CDA encapsulated signature
- we need to pull the NAV schema into the DSG spec.
- Look to see if there are lessons learned as we update. Ask Massimiliano from Tiani, ask esMD, etc.
- QRPH wants DSG document that encapsulates the content. This is mostly for RFD use-cases. Need to warn Document Sharing use-cases that this might not be well supported by Document Consumers.
- Also: do we also mention the new CDA signature as an option, consider an encapsulating DSG (which may be covered by DEN), etc.
- Add an Option that a Document Source could claim that indicates that it creates a DSG document representing the SubmissionSet. That is that the DSG document includes signature for all documents it is submitting in the submission set, and where that DSG document is included in the submission set.
- could include an option for an encapsulated DICOM signature using the DICOM signature block
- This would be a functionally same signature, but using the DICOM signature block format
- Could request a new signature type of DICOM, but not clear this is needed
Need people. Plan: Put a call out to the QRPH, PCC, PCD, ITI implementer’s list (and the two vendors from CAT this year who did DSG) and other ITI lists looking for someone to help write this. Putting the call out to user-centric organizational bodies such as hospitals, EHRA, IHE USA implementation workgroup, etc via HIMSS would also be helpful.
using the IHE FTP site at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/IT_Infrastructure/iheitiyr12-2014-2015/Technical_Cmte/Workitems/DSG2/
Need participants and agreed time to have regular bi-weekly meetings
Please register your availability.
T-Con Wednesday May 28 at 9am Central Time
Webex Meeting Number: 926 330 555
Meeting Password: meeting
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.
To only join the teleconference
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada): 1-866-469-3239
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): 1-650-429-3300
Global call-in numbers: https://himss.webex.com/himss/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=285349737&tollFree=1
Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
Access code:926 330 555