DEV Joint 2022-09-28

From IHE Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

DEV Joint call

Microsoft Teams Information

As of 2022-09-01, IHE has switched over from to Microsoft Teams

- Make sure the link you are using is a Teams link, not a dead Zoom link!

Microsoft Teams meeting link

Meeting ID: 276 107 459 223 Passcode: iBuV9z

Download Teams

Join on the web

Or call in (audio only) +1 872-395-5658,,751929554# United States, Chicago Phone Conference ID: 751 929 554#


Chair: Javier Espina
Participants: Javier Espina, Craig Reister, Joseph Thomas, Jacob Anderson, Paul Schluter, Steven Nichols, Eldon Metz, Tom Kowalczyk, Kurt Elliason, Martin Rosner, Paul Sherman, John Garguilo, John Rhoads, Sarah Bell

Proposed Agenda and Discussion Notes

Discussion Summaries do not require formal approval, while minutes of meetings where votes are taken do. Participants are encouraged to review and bring up significant issues with discussion summaries of previous meetings. Votes will be taken to approve meetings where votes took place; these may be email ballots.

Item Topic Discussion
1 Introductions & Agenda Review
- Chair



2 Discussion Summary or Approval of Minutes
- Chair
- Last Dev Joint Meeting DEV Joint 2022-08-24



3 Standards Coordination Status/Discussion:
- 11073 PHD:
IEEE -10206 (ACOM): SA Ballot recirc passed. Targeting 2022Q4 for publication.
Specialization revisions about to go into SA ballot: -10406 (Basic ECG), -10417 (Glucose meter), -10421 (Peak Flow), -10425(CGM), -10472 (Med monitor)
...and coming next: -10429 (Spirometry), -10427 (Power status monitor). Plan to produce battery status specialization as the first specialization based on -10206 (ACOM).
- Bluetooth SIG (Med WG):
Generic Health Sensor (GHS): 1 spec passed validation. 1 spec partially validated. 3 specs in development. Aiming to complete all validations in Dec 2022.
-10101B - draft standards has approved unanimous approval. Voting by standards committee should conclude by Sept. 30th which will launch a ballot.
- General note: communication down through the committees and workgroups could be improved so all participants are aware of the status of work items.
4 Domain Coordination Meeting Status/Discussion::
- Last DCC meeting was yesterday, 2022-09-27
- Nichole Knox will be leaving RSNA at the end of the month
- Next DCC meeting happens 2022-10-25
- DEV Board Report is due November 22
4 Marketing and Recruitment Status/Discussion::
Published article in nursing management journal in June. The article promotes RPM, implementation software (such as PCHA CODE) and the two DEV PCH profiles “RPM/PROM Linking” and “PGHD”.
5 Ballots Status/Discussion::
- Upcoming CPs for PCD and PCIM
-PCD TF, ACM Profile - correct RFID / annotations
- would like to get this passed during the F2F next month
- Other upcoming CPs are not as urgent
6 Action Item Review Status/Discussion::
- Complete DEV Domain Action Items
- Suggestion to combine all technical framework items
- DEV Wiki updates have been made, 001 is closed
7 PCD Report-Out Status/Discussion::
- Pump workgroup: syringe flush and PCD error codes, will work on that during F2F
- CPs and Ballot items already discussed above
8 PCH Report-Out Status/Discussion::
Development of profiles "RPM/PROM Linking” and “PGHD" on hold (beyond marketing work mentioned above)
PCH Program reconvened in early Sep. Main discussion about state of affairs. In a nutshell:
-No HIMSS in-kind / funding support since 2022Q1. But planning to solve the issue in the coming weeks / months (probably from Jan 2023)
-HIMSS discontinuing use of "PCHA" brand. But PCHA still exists as HIMSS-owned LLC.
9 DPI Report-Out Status/Discussion::
- good progress on tooling, almost completed setup
- NIST presentations
- proposed meeting with FDA, informational
10 Other Business Status/Discussion::
- HL7 Connectathon last week
- First time in person since January 2020
- IEEE / HL7 DEV Workgroup met, lots of good discussion. See Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- October F2F, Oct 18-20
- Info & RSVP
- Book Hotel Room
- Enter Dates
- Under the “Special Rates” drop down select “Promotional Code”
- Under Promotional Code enter the group code: “IHEF2F”
- OR Call the hotel reservationist direct at 321-868-6573 or the Radisson Central reservationists at 800-333-3333 and mention group name: IHE Devices Domain Face To Face
- Schedule Discussion
- Rearranging agenda to accommodate AMIA meeting: DEV, PCD, then Pump workgroup
- Teams issues
- Working with HIMSS IT on a solution - it's a combination of elements that keep certain users from having access to all functions.
- Make sure you have the "work or school" Teams Application downloaded. This will help with the missing functions.
- IHE Global Connectathon 2022 Comments
- If we continue with a Global Testing event, need to take better advantage of applications on both sides (actor implementations).
- Time zone struggles not ideal - having to wait for US monitors to validate hours after completing test in EU.
- Not a significant amount of EU-US testing in PCD.
- EU monitors not really aware of DEV/PCD workflow and tools - NO dedicated DEV monitor
- Would be good to educate all vendor reps on how to officially report when you can't successfully test the actor you signed up for. Some folks couldn't complete tests and their partners were left hanging while they waited for the official ruling

Next Meetings

The next meetings are:

- Next PCD TC PCD TC 2022-10-05
- Next PCD PC PCD PC 2022-10-12
- Next DEV Joint DEV Joint 2022-10-26

PCD Home