Call for Profile Proposals
Replace <<DOMAIN>> with the name of your Domain and replace dates as appropriate if you use the following template.
Example Call for Profile Proposals
Interested parties are invited to submit proposals for new Profiles in IHE <<DOMAIN>>. These will be considered for development in the 2007-2008 Cycle of the IHE <<DOMAIN>> Domain.
- What is the problem and how does it look in practice (use case)
- How should things look in practice if it were fixed
- What specific pieces of standards could be used to solve the problem.
It is strongly recommended that the proposal include the name of a candidate editor for the profile should it be selected for development.
If possible, give some indication of the business case for solving the problem (e.g. what is it currently costing us).
Proposals are due by Aug 31, 2007
Proposals may be either:
- emailed to email@example.com, or
- entered on the IHE <<DOMAIN>> Wiki at http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=<<DOMAIN>>_Proposals_2007-2008
The <<DOMAIN>> Planning Committee will select on Sept. 17th, a "Short List" of proposals for detailed consideration. Detailed proposals for those selected will be due Sept. 30th. The <<DOMAIN>> Technical Committee will complete an evaluation of the technical feasibility and effort required by mid-October.
The current plan is that the <<DOMAIN>> Planning Committee will vote on the final selection at a face to face meeting the week of Oct 22-25.