Pharm Tech Minutes 2015.06.19
- 1 Meeting details
- 2 09:00 - 09:30 Welcome
- 3 9:30 - 10:30 Supply of Healthcare Products
- 4 10:30 - 11:15 Medication Documentation, and Management Concepts and Definitions
- 5 11:30 - 12:00 Additions to CMPD - Workflows, statement and administration
- 6 12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
- 7 13:30 - 14:30 Planning Committee review of strategy and vision
- 8 14:30 - 14:40 ISO/TC 215/WG6: DTS 17523 review
- 9 14:40 - 15:20 Planning season 2015-2016
- 10 15:20 - 15:20 Action items
- 11 15:20 - 15:30 Action items
- 12 15:30 Adjourn
Friday, 19 June 2014, 9:00 CET
Chania General Hospital Meeting room number 300.15
Meeting number: 958 274 394
- +33 17091 8646 France toll
- 0800-9-19312 France toll free
Having trouble dialing in? Try these backup numbers:
- 0800-051-3810 Call-in toll-free number (UK)
- +44-203-478-5289 Call-in toll number (UK)
Call-in Numbers: Global Call-in numbers
Access code: 958 274 394
09:00 - 09:30 Welcome
- Jacqueline Surugue
- Stephane Spahni
- Jurgen Brandstatter
- Christoff Gessner
- Michael Tan
- Leonidas Tzimis
- Marc Robberecht ( via Webex).
- Angela Merzweiler ( via Webex).
- NCPDP update and alignment strategy
- Memo of Understanding
- NCPDP wishes to export their standards such as the RXnorm
- could be opportunity for IHE Pharmacy to expand our profiles in the USA
- could also be a threat because of unequal strength of organizations. NCPDP is a commercial company with their own employees.
- Will they refer to an IHE standard? NCPDP will probably not wait for IHE if they need a standard.
- IHE is not in favor to adopt the US standards and relabel it as a IHE Pharmacy profile.
- Should focus on the long term cooperation and create understanding.
- Also identify issues, double work, resolve differences
- Explore what IHE and NCPDP could collaborate on.
- Should IHE USA be involved? No, IHE USA is for the deployment. SDO should talk to SDO.
- The focus group are the co-chairs plus Jacqueline.
- IHE should write down our thoughts on the collaboration.
9:30 - 10:30 Supply of Healthcare Products
- White paper status
- The white paper is published.
- The document is quite large. Suggestion to move the use cases to a seperate section 2.( action Jose)
- Conference calls will be scheduled biweekly.
- A process step is the pre-order where the buyer asks a vendor for information.
- This could also be used to inform satellite pharmacies to the central hospital supply.
- On the normal order add the time limit as a functional requirement.
- Matching with the invoice.
- Also returning goods to the supplier.
- Could lead to reimbursement of the invoice
- Or replacement of the returned goods.
- There are many variations in the flow. Be aware that this should remain flexible.
- slides to be added to the minutes (action Jose)
- FHIR resources from orders and observations needed to be more flexible and robust
10:30 - 11:15 Medication Documentation, and Management Concepts and Definitions
- Document "Medication Management Related Concepts and Definitions" (Michael/Stephen)
- Word-Doc version (with comments of Leonidas and Jose)
- This document has gone into ballot at ISO TC215. It is an informative Technical Report
- Comments should be submitted through ISO. They will forward it to the project leader (Michael).
- Projectleader will form an expert group to discuss and resolve the comments.
- Comments from Jose and Leonidas also need to be submitted through the normal procedure.
- Michael will inform on the time lines and deadlines for the ballot comments.
- Jose will continue with the whitepaper of the medication data capture.
- This document will also define which data to capture and how they are stored in various sources.
- Jacqueline suggests to provide use cases.
11:30 - 12:00 Additions to CMPD - Workflows, statement and administration
- Document "Workflow MTP - PRE - DIS - PADV" ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Pharmacy/yr6_2014-2015/Technical_Committee/Profiles/MedicationTreatmentPlan,%20MTP/workflow%20MTP%20-%20PRE%20-%20DIS%20-%20PADV%20-%20discussion.pptx
- PML/PRE profile: representation of the (paper) prescription (multiple prescriptions together on the same document)
- Next steps (CPs)
- Medication Statements
- Medication Administration
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
13:30 - 14:30 Planning Committee review of strategy and vision
- Review of roadmap
- Mission is to be visible as the institute to approach for knowledge on medication and pharmacy.
- For example governments. IHE in general has little experience on discussions with governments.
- Discussion about the position of HL7 Pharmacy versus IHE Pharmacy. We should not compete.
- To get known IHE Pharmacy should put more effort in marketing.
- Jose and Stephane are volunteering to write booklets (20 page document.) Introduction.
- Jose will propose the chapters.
- Stephane suggests to write on the topic of organizing en creating awareness.
- Focus on European programs on e-Health. They are focussing on e-prescriptions.
- Are we involved in EXPAND? We should be part of the SDO platform. Action Stephane and Christoff.
- This topic will be carried further in a next call.
- Supply projects
- A new block has been added for supply.
- Also see wiki on Strategy Planning
- IHE should also give advice on the use of terminologies, such as coding systems, identifiers and stucture indentification in pharnacy
- Christoff volunteers to setup projects to give recomendations on terminologies to be used in deployment.
14:30 - 14:40 ISO/TC 215/WG6: DTS 17523 review
- has been set for ballot. The comments have been addressed.
- It will now go to FDIS ballot. Only editorial editing, not content.
- Next meeting of ISO will be in Bern in november.
14:40 - 15:20 Planning season 2015-2016
- The F2F in October will be planned on the 29 and 30 October (Side note ISO will be at 1 november). Prefered location Geneva.
- Combine the June F2F with e-Health week in Amsteredam? Explore 7th June a possible date for the Joint ISO-HL7 meeting. Action Michael
- The F2F of June could be in the week before or after. (for example 15/16 either in Netherlands or Austria).
- The F2F in February will depend on ITI intentions.
- The ballot starts after the comments have resolved.
- After that IHE Pharmacy will set it out for ballot.
- The periode for ballot could end in August.
15:20 - 15:20 Action items
Wrap up: Motion to send a thank you message to our sponsors. Decision: Approved unanimously.
15:20 - 15:30 Action items
- European affairs group will meet in Vienna Austria.
- Jacqueline will have less time for IHE Pharmacy meetings in 2016.
- Jose will send out an e-mail to thank our Greek colleague for hosting the IHE Pharmacy meeting in Chania.