Patient Care Device
IHE Patient Care Device Domain (PCD)
The Patient Care Devices Domain is concerned with Use Cases in which at least one actor is a regulated patient care device. The PCD coordinates with other IHE clinical specialty based domains such as medical imaging.
The Mission of the PCD:
The IHE Patient Care Devices Domain will apply the proven, Use Case driven IHE processes to:
- Deliver the technical framework for the IHE-PCD domain profiles;
- Validate IHE-PCD profile implementations via Connectathons; and
- Demonstrate marketable solutions at public trade shows.
The PCD's Vision Statement is:
The IHE Patient Care Devices Domain (IHE PCD) is the nexus for vendors and providers to jointly define and demonstrate unambiguous interoperability specifications, called profiles, which are based on industry standards, and which can be brought to market.
- improve patient safety and clinical efficacy,
- reduce healthcare delivery cost by improving efficiency, reliability, and operational flexibility for healthcare providers,
- enable innovative patient care capabilities, and
- expand the international marketplace for patient care device vendors.
IHE Patient Care Device is sponsored by the American College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE) and the Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and manages the IHE Patient Care Device Profiles and the IHE Patient Care Device Technical Framework.
Timeline : 2007-2008 Development Cycle as of April 24, 2007
|Dec.||Submit Brief Profile Proposals to Planning Committee (PC)|
|May 22-23, 23-24||Face To Face Meetings (Planning then Technical Committees)||Oak Brook, IL (RSNA Offices)|
|May 22-June 25||Develop 2007 Technical Framework Document|
|June 1||Publish final Technical Framework for Year 1|
|Face To Face Meetings to complete the Year 2 TF for Public Comment||June 20-21||Boston area|
|June 30||Publish Technical Framework for Year 2 for Public Comment|
|June 30-July 30||Public Comment Period TF Year 2|
|August 20||After review of public comments, publish TF for Trial Implementation|
|September||Test Tools available|
|October||Individual Test Results Due Selected Transactions|
|October||Develop HIMSS Showcase Scenario|
|November||Virtual Connectathon for PCD|
|Jan.||Test implementations at Connectathon||Chicago|
|Feb.||Demonstration at HIMSS Showcase||Orlando, FL|
The Roadmap found at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Roadmap/ outlines the PCD's goals and plans over the next 5-10 years.
The IHE Patient Care Device Domain is working on the 2007-2008 Cycle. Four Profiles are in development along with finalizing the PCD-01 Profile developed in Year 1 (2006-7). The four profiles currently under development are listed in PCD Proposals 2007-2008. Contact Manny at email@example.com if you would like to participate, or watch for Public Comment drafts in December 2007.
- The PCD-01 Profile developed in Year 1 (2006-2007)
- The PCD Proposals 2007-2008 section contains the details on current and proposed Proposals that the PCD Planning and Technical committees are considering for 2007 and 2008.
Demonstrations & Presentations
|2007.02.27||New Orleans, LA||20070227-HIMSSShowcase-IHE-PCD-C.ppt presented at HIMSS Annual Meeting||found at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Presentations/|
|April 2007||Webex Presentation||"Orientation to the PCD" PDF version: 20070404-IHE-PCD-Orientation.pdf||found at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Presentations/|
|Earlier||Earlier presentations are also available||found at ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Patient_Care_Devices/Presentations/|
Supporters and Endorsements
IHE Patient Care Device is supported or endorsed by the following organizations:
- American College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE)
- Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
This page is based on the Domain Template.