PCD PC 2009-02-11 Webex
Patient Care Device Domain
Regularly scheduled meeting of the PCD Planning Committee
Topic: PCD Committee Tcons
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Time (New York )
Duration: 60 Minutes
Please Add Your Suggestions
- 1 Review of Discussion Summaries PCD PC 2009-01-14 Webex
- 2 PCD Governance Wiki
- 3 Update on Detailed Profile Proposals:
- ACM Open Issues / Extensions
- PIV Open Issues / Extensions
- RTM Open Issues / Extensions
- DPI Profile Update
- WCM Profile Update
- QBD Profile Update
- 4 Update on White Paper Development:
- Medical Device Semantic Architecture
- Regulatory Considerations
- 5 Showcase Planning
- Showcase demo policy
- Companies and systems participating
- Physical layout
- Network and utility requirements
- New Directions Wall
- 6 IHE Australia
- 7 IHE International
- IEEE-IHE MoU Update
- 8 Continua
- 9 Review Schedule through Connectathon
- 10 Review Action Items
- 11 New Business
Discussion Summary and Action Items from Previous Meetings
Updated From Jan. 28
Discussion Summaries from previous meetings are not reviewed unless a significant issue is raised. Decision meetings will have minutes that require approval. This may be accomplished by email ballot.
Action Items from the previous meetings: PCD PC 2009-01-14 Webex
No. Action Item Owner Participants Due Open/Closed Description/Update 41 Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID Jeff Secunda -- January 14, 2009 Open Jeff Secunda said that the FDA will be starting a project on the UID concept. The project will take at least 1 year. 44 Define relationship between IEEE standards and IHE profiles; the role of the PCD in determining this relationship. MOU – was reviewed and published for consideration at IEEE Board meeting. The HL7/IEEE MOU is also in process. Todd Cooper -- February 11, 2009 Open Elliot arranged for Didi to forward the current HL7 draft to IEEE for review as a template. This MOU addresses intellectual property exchanges. Todd will contact Didi for an update. 70 Coordinate 12 lead ECG effort with Cardiology domain. Ray -- February 11, 2009 Open Ray will learn who the contact person is for the reactivated Cardiology Domain. The pacemaker group will work within cardiology domain, and RTM will include terms for pacemaker communications. Defer until Cardiology Domain has updated its workplan and additional action is required. 71 Recruit clinicians; develop novel ways, attend to their priorities and schedules Ken, Manny -- Open Open Profile development may be a reasonable initial focus for involvement and perhaps lead to further involvement in PCD. Paul had earlier suggested a booth at at ACC, other meetings. Liase with standards groups such as ASTM, professional societies. Manny will talk with Cristal Anderson, HIMSS. Potential for recruiting at Connectathon. If anyone wants to invite a company to observe at Connectathon let Manny know. 72 Press releases as recruiting tool, including the Showcase. PCD will invite companies to observe Connectathon and reach out to companies and users to invite them to the PCD demo at the Showcase. Manny -- Open Open Two press releases have been prepared and distributed to various organizations for distribution. 74 Mapping PCD into v3 CDA with relevance to RTM Todd Peter Hendler January 28, 2009 Open Todd: VA was planning to move forward about use of CDA. He will talk with James McCain. Peter: Kaiser and VA working to trade documents as part of NHIN project.
- Goal is to assure the appropriate set of medical device semantic components is included in the appropriate location in CDA/CCD documents and HL7 v3 nessages.
- Todd will ask the VA as to whether there is still any interest in this project.
- Todd will schedule a webex the end of August/early September to discuss the status of the profile proposal and identify what needs to happen to move it forward in this next cycle.
- Will be addressed in Vancouver meeting the week of September 15.
76 Test Tooling, NIST and MWB John Garguilo Al Engelbert, Todd Cooper, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, John Rhoads, Peter Rontey, Paul Schluter January 28, 2009 Open Rob Snellick is working on this. Peter Rontey identified two open issues. One suggests that PCD may need to select HL7 v.2.6 as baseline. The other relates to OBX.5 which has an indeterminate data type. Peter believes he has a solution if NIST Message Maker can accommodate his approach. John Garguilo suggested this be changed to two issues, one related to HL7 profiles and the other to develop and validate the profiles. Decision deferred.
With regard to test tools and validation the MWB will be used, and can be used in Pre-Connectathon testing. We need to identify what the vendors will communicate within the profiles and select the parameters that will be used. We then need to know what tables and other data is used and these must also be provided to NIST. Optimally, values and ranges will be defined. We need to define the profiles and parameters that will be used to validate RTM.
This effort is a test of the NIST tools as well, the goal is to provide Cypress as a web tool available anytime desired.
78 2009 Survey Development Ray Zambuto -- March 1, 2009 Open Ray will add a question or two regarding the need to support web services and other service oriented architectures. A dry run is projected for March 1. 80 Recruiting Members -- January 28, 2009 Open Invite new companies to observe PCD at this year’s Connectathon. Manny to compile list as suggestions are received. Manny to forward HIMSS announcement of the one day conference during the Connectathon. 81 ISO 215 Requirements for Posting Profile Details - transferred from TC Todd -- January 28, 2009 Open ISO TR283800 Part 2 has been approved. These work items were submitted to ISO TC215 per IHE International's Liaison agreement, and standardize both the IHE process as well as the technical frameworks that have been developed. A document that includes descriptions and pointers to all the different IHE profiles are required. As a result of this, each domain needs to make sure that the referenced material is complete and consistent. The following must be correct and up to date (from Charles Parisot):
- The overall listing of IHE profiles (TI and TF) at: http://www.ihe.net/Profiles.
- The overall listing of IHE profiles (TI and TF) at: http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Profiles. Each detailed Profile Description page referenced must be accurate.
- The overall listing of profiles included under IHE Domains at: http://www.ihe.net/Domains/index.cfm. Verify that each detailed Profile Description page referenced must be available from the Wiki (see above).
- Each Domain name must have a link to the decription of the domain and its scope. NOTE: THOSE descriptions are really weak and inconsistent. Todd will produce a one page (max) description of the Domain and more importantly of its scope for the ISO TR28380. This will be the place where the IHE.net web site will be referenced with specific profile decriptions.
82 Users Guide Steve Merritt -- February 1, 2009 Open Draft document for review should be available February 1 83 Recruiting in Chicago area in advance of Showcase Manny -- January 28, 2009 Open Recruiting presentation during the Connectathon has not received support from Didi. We may want to consider a webinar. Manny describe the opportunity to make a presentation to the Chicago area biomed society in March and asked for a volunteer. 84 Vote on Brief Profile Proposals Todd -- January 28, 2009 Open The official vote remains to be validated due to lack of an updated roster. Only one or two votes are in question so most conclusions will hold after the tally is official. Manny will send the current tallies of the votes and preferences. He will seek volunteers to lead development of the Detailed Profile Proposals. Detailed Profile Proposals should be completed by February 16.
Vote on Profile and White Paper Proposals - Updates with Detailed Profile and White Paper Proposals
- - ACM won’t need a vote
- - PIV no extensions planned, but changes to PIV are in order
- - RTM has a meeting today to harmonize with ISO. Work will continue on aECG and implanted devices. An update on ACC planned activities should be discussed at the Feb. IHE Board meeting.
- - DPI will be discussed at next week’s TC meeting.
- - WCM – Ken will update.
- - QBD – Todd mentioned that the subject came up at HITSP meeting Friday, but no champion has come forward, will be postponed. Christof noted that this is important for EHRs and marketing PCD work. He will seek support in Germany. Paul asked if a survey was available to indicate industry’s interest in having this available. Paul noted that ACM would only need snippets. Jan offered an alternative approach. Todd suggested reaching out to EHR vendors for their support in this development effort. There are three options: snippets, discontinuous snippets, full disclosure. It may be useful to consider a query function. Colin indicated that customers are interested in query for past data. Colin will talk to the Epic team to determine if it is a priority for them.
There will be a vote on proceeding - developing the technical Supplement in next week's TC meeting.
86 Contribute to, or develop a glossary. Ray -- -- Open Ray will contact Patrick Bernat to arrange collaboration. 87 Review the IHE.net/pcd page Todd John Rhoads January 28, 2009 Open -- 88 Consider how to move non-IHE members to membership Ken John Rhoads January 28, 2009 Open -- 89 Review IHE.net TF page for accuracy re PCD entries. Todd Was #75 in TC OPEN Transferred from Technical Committee on Jan. 21. 90 Open 91 Open 92 Open 93 Open
- Chair: Steve Merritt
- Todd Cooper, Bikram Day, Al Engelbert, Robert Flanders, John Garguilo, Colin FX Gartska, Christof Gessner, Jianguo Jiang, Steve Merritt, Gary Meyer, Monroe Pattillo, John Rhoads, Jeff Rinda, Khalid Zubaidi, Manny Furst
Item Topic Discussion 1 Introductions & Agenda Review
2 Discussion Summary
- Accepted as posted
3 Action Items Review
- 41: Monitor FDA actions on Universal Device ID - No update, no one indicated they will attend the FDA’s meeting tomorrow. Attendance can be remote. Change date to March 4.
- 44: IEEE MOU - MOU should be finalized at the Board meeting tomorrow as well.
- 70: Coordinate 12 lead ECG with Cardiology domain - Todd reported that ACC/IHE talks continue and Cardiology will likely formally apply to become a domain again in the next month or two. Pacemaker vendors have continued work on IDC terminology and are targeting the Connectathon next year. If Cardiology cannot support this effort in time, the PCD may assist further. Add to March 3 Agenda.
- 71: Recruit clinicians - Steve is talking with the Mass Health Data Consortium and will make a presentation on IHE PCD. The VA clinical engineers will invite us to present during HIMSS. The Chicago area biomed society presentation is in question.
- 72: Press releases as recruiting tool - Christof requested past press releases for potential use in Europe.
- 74: Mapping PCD into v3 CDA - The HITSPCDC Use Case includes a document communication profile. HL7 Technical Steering Committee, HITSP management, VA and Kaiser are considering how to move this forward. The technical requirements are clear, but there’s a lack of a sufficient number of volunteers to do the work. Will likely come up next week at HITSP meetings. Move to Mar 4.
- 76: Test Tooling, NIST and MWB - Rob Snelick will support PIX/PDQ at the Connectathon. In spite of remaining issues with the MWB profiles John will proceed with developing the tools for PCD, hoping that a test may be possible before the Showcase. He will provide a document describing the validation process. Move date to March 18. A goal is to have validation tools available for all PCD profiles available for use in advance of the 2010 Connectathon.
- 78: 2009 Survey Development - No update.
- 80: Recruiting - Close.
- 81: ISO 215 Requirements for Posting Profile Details - Steve will look at it. Move to Mar 18.
- 82: Users Guide - On track, Steve will create a Wiki page.
- 83: Recruiting in Chicago area in advance of Showcase - Manny will follow up and close if appropriate.
- 84: Vote on Brief Profile Proposals - Votes to date were reviewed. More are needed before the results are official, however most are clearly supported.
- 86: Glossary - Ray’s discussion with Patrick at AAMI revealed that Yadin is working on a glossary for a related area, but the CE-IT group has nothing on the agenda. PCD will take the lead. Steve Merritt will fold this into the User Handbook. DPI will include a specialized glossary and coordinate with Steve. This work should lead to a harmonized glossary. Steve will take responsibility. Move to Mar. 18.
- 87: Review the IHE.net/pcd page - Todd will address with this with John Rhoads. Move to Mar. 4.
- 88: Encourage non-IHE members to membership - Manny to review memberships against PC and TC participating people and non-member participants. For non-members extend invitations. Place on Mar 4 agenda.
- 89: Review IHE.net TF page for accuracy re PCD entries - Transferred from TC - Done. Close
- Updates on White Papers
- – DPI – Todd searched for a template and finally settled on one.
- - User Handbook – Steve will create a Wiki page
- - Semantic Architecture – Todd said this won’t start until summer.
- - MEM – Steve said it is on track
- Update on Connectathon and Showcase - Manny indicated that work is on track. Draft Connectathon tests for DEC and PIV have been completed and are available for review. ACM test steps have been distributed for review, the description section should be available by Monday. After review these will be posted to Kudu. There remains an issue with the bar code on visitor badges and a contingency plan may be required.
- - A few Koreans will be at the Connectathon for a couple of days to learn from PCD's experience to assist in their own efforts.
- Australia has submitted a request to become an IHE national domain. It will go to the Board tomorrow.
- HIMSS Asia_Pac will have a meeting in Kuala Lumpur during Connectathon week. Klaus will attend and consider a regional meeting in the mid-Pacific.
- MOU with ICE – Sue Whitehead suggested that Ken talk with Julian this week.
- HITSP holds an F2F next week. The CDC Use Case will be on the agenda for next week. PCD needs to have a plan, and asked if a Webex on Monday would be worthwhile. Robert responded that he and Paul will be interested. Todd will schedule.
The next meeting will be a joint Planning and Technical Committee meeting: PCD PC&TC 2009-03-04
<For Decision Meetings add review line here when minutes are approved; e.g., "(Reviewed & approved by PCD RTM Vent TG 2008-04-16)">