Lab Conf Minutes 14October2014

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 10:53, 24 October 2014 by Skrejci (talk | contribs) (→‎Attendees)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to IHE Laboratory Domain

Back to IHE Laboratory Technical Committee Page

Attendees

Name Organization
Francois Macary (Technical Co-chair) ASIP Santé
Riki Merrick (Planning Co-Chair) Vernetzt, LLC
Carolyn Knapik (Secretary) CAP
Dilip Jha Siemens
James Wulkan Beckman Coulter
Laurent Lardin bioMérieux
James Harrison, MD FCAP University of Virginia
Dmytro Rud Roche
Joanna Selinsky Beckman Coulter
Filip Migom MIPS
Jurgen de Decker MIPS
Christopher Barnes  

Minutes

Agenda Review

LAW Updates:

  • Ed will do clean-up for the 3-completed
  • Ed will update the draft CP from the 2-completed

Profile CP:

  • Create examples for each of the LAB-message types to flesh;
  • Message profile is represented in XML as the schema in Gazelle – pre-coordinated list would be easier for them;
  • LAB-28 = OML one message profile without further option;
  • Response message – LAB-28 and LAB-response = ORL;
  • We don’t want to create repeating MSH-21, then we need to create LAB-18-Response;
  • OBX-4 for micro – need in LAB-28 – need to consider; and
  • LabMassSpec – need in LAB-28 and LAB-29

Handling optionality:

  • Reflex and re-runs;
  • Patient demographic support;
  • Type of testing vs ability to handle additional information;
  • Potentially use MSH-21 as the main schema identifier;
  • Same schema applies to all query types – but use the MSH-21 to identify, so that you could do a look up against all the declared profiles;
  • May need to create a few combinations, that cover all the mixed and match;
  • For reflex and re-run – those are options of testing scenario of the profile as there is no difference in the message structure; Same may apply to support for images as well;
  • ACTION: Ed and Riki to build examples for all options and then decide the profiles to list

LCC status update:

  • Wiki page was updated in July – the next step is writing the Change Proposals for HL7 – will get back to that in December 2014 – will be for 2.10 – publication for comment then late spring / summer 2015

Other housekeeping items :

  • Change proposal processing on Lab TF – have received Dmytro CP for LDA profile and have a number of CPs that have been completed – need authors for next release in 2015
  • New profile for connecting LAS? – part of the LDA (Impecco and Abbot)


Next Meeting

Face to Face Meeting:

  • Next meeting is F2F will be at Deerfield CAP offices November 10-12 – google groups has listing of hotels etc – will we set up webex and teleconference for that – assume yes for now!;
  • We are meeting joint with AP – Mary and Carolyn to coordinate agenda topics for overlapping;
  • 2 hour shared session for AP during lab meeting – LDA at least; and
  • Working through agenda for F2F
  • Call adjourned 11:55 AM EDT