Mobile Retrieve Form for Data Capture
The Mobile Retrieve Form for Data Capture (mRFD) Profile provides a method for gathering data within a user’s current application to meet the requirements of an external system. mRFD supports RESTful retrieval of forms from a form source, display and completion of a form, and return of instance data from the display application to the source application. The workflows defined in this profile are based on those defined by the Retrieve Form for Data Capture (RFD) profile.
- Ability to fill in form data within a user's current application
- Standardized interaction for filling form data
The Mobile Retrieve Form for Data Capture (mRFD) profile provides a method for gathering data within a user’s current application to meet the requirements of an external system. mRFD supports the retrieval of forms from a form source, the display and completion of a form and return of instance data from the display application to the source application.
The profile was created in conjunction with HL7 and uses the SMART on FHIR EHR Launch capacity as a generic framework for access to external web applications.
mRFD also allows dynamic data collection, both from within the form-requesting EHR, and from external sources that may have useful data that can be retrieved via secured RESTful transactions.
- EHR systems may find mRFD to be an effective method of launching external applications.
- Web application developers may find the standardized security and authentication steps within mRFD to provide a clear direction for integration with a variety of data sources.
Actors & Transactions:
Profile Status: Trial Implementation
- HL7 FHIR STU3
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol - HTTP/1.1
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol - HTTP/2
- Uniform Resource Identifier (URI): Generic Syntax
- Additional HTTP Status Codes
- Argonauts SMART on FHIR
- HL7 Collaboration for SMART
FHIR Implementation Guide