The Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) standards profiling organization has developed a collection of profiles which can be leveraged for use by healthcare communities for the purposes of document sharing. One of the most significant applications of healthcare information technology is the exchange of health information among disparate clinical information systems and otherwise unaffiliated care providers. Across the world, various communities have developed or are developing methods for exchanging health information among healthcare providers, patients, and other authorized parties. The purpose of this white paper is to provide an overview of the collection of IHE profiles which are intended to be used by communities for exchanging health information. The collection of profiles includes support for patient identification, health document location and retrieval, provider directories, and the protection of privacy and security. This white paper will show how various profiles work together to provide a standards based, interoperable approach to community and cross-community health information sharing.
White Papers available. See: http://www.ihe.net/Technical_Frameworks/#IT
- Template for XDS Affinity Domain Deployment Planning
- Health Information Exchange: Enabling Document Sharing Using IHE Profiles
- Health IT Standards for Health Information Management (HIM) Practices
Pages in category "DocShare"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- Cross Community Fetch
- Cross Enterprise Cardiovascular Heart Team
- Cross Enterprise Workflow
- Cross-Community Access
- Cross-Community Document Reliable Interchange (XCDR)
- Cross-Community Patient Discovery
- Cross-enterprise Document Media Interchange
- Cross-enterprise Document Reliable Interchange
- Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing
- Cross-enterprise Sharing of Scanned Documents
- Cross-Enterprise User Assertion (XUA)