TCE FT Evaluation
From IHE Wiki
Readiness Checklist for TCE supplement
Source Material (Word Document): TCE Connectathon Summary
NOTE: Items in blue text warrant Committee discussion (according to the Final Text Process).
- Has the profile been through a Connectathon in at least two regions?
- Yes, North America (2006 - 2008), Europe (2007, 2008)
- Has the profile been successfully tested with all actors at least at one Connectathon?
- Yes, Berlin 2007, Chicago 2007
- Have different implementations of each actor in the profile been tested?
- Only one vendor has implemented and tested the Export Manager. All other actors have been tested by at least two different vendors
- Have all the options been tested successfully at at least one Connectathon?
- Unknown. IHE Project Mgmt doesn’t have option-specific tests for this profile; the options are incorporated into a required test.
- Are there IHE-provided software testing tools to address all aspects of the profile?
- Comment from Lynn Felhofer(IHE Project Mgmt): We have some test tools, and they're OK. They could use some work, but I'll tell you that they will never float to the top of the priority list given the small number of vendors interested in TCE.
- Have the standards underlying the profile been implemented? In similar use cases? In healthcare? In general IT?
- The underlying standard(s) used is DICOM (primarily the Storage Service and the Key Object Selection (KOS) SOP Class). The Storage service is almost universally implemented, and KOS is also widely used to identify images for a variety of reasons.
- (Do you have concrete reason to believe that this works robustly in the Real World) / (Are any products available for purchase that implement the profile?)
- A quick Google search turned up 3 published Integration Statements from different vendor companies, along with an Integration Statement from the DCM4CHE Open Source project. The Integration Statements cover all actors within the Profile, though only 1 (the DCM4CHE) contains the Export Manager Actor.
- Have all issues that may have been raised about the profile been resolved?
- Comment from Steve Moore (IHE Project Mgmt): TCE has had little testing, but there do not seem to be questions. It is more apathy from vendors. I don't see huge risks in going to Final Text.