Simple Image and Numeric Report
Simple Image and Numeric Report (SINR) specifies how Diagnostic Radiology Reports (including images and numeric data) are created, exchanged, and used.
The Simple Image and Numeric Report (SINR) Integration Profile facilitates the growing use of digital dictation, voice recognition, and specialized reporting packages. The SINR profile facilitates the creation, management, distribution, storage, and viewing of reports created in imaging facilities.
The key benefits of Simple Image Numeric Report profile are as follows:
- DICOM SR, enables maximum interoperability in Imaging Departments
- Export to Clinical Data Repositories with HL-7 V.2 defined mapping
- Non-transcription based information capture systems support, including;
- Numerical measurements from image processing applications
- Links to images stored in the image repository
- machine searchable structured content
- Integrated with the Reporting Workflow
- Adaptable to CDA and XML interfacing
<A few paragraphs, if appropriate, providing more details (in user-speak, not tech-speak) on what the profile does and how it works.>
Systems which are expected to have implemented actors from this profile include:
- Digital Dictation Systems
- Voice Recognition Systems
- specialized reporting packages
- Enterprise-wide information systems that manage the Electronic Medical Record
- Radiology departmental information systems that manage Radiology Reports (i.e., radiology information system (RIS))
- Radiology image & Report management/archiving systems that manage Radiology Reports (i.e., picture archiving and communication system (PACS))
Actors & Transactions:
Profile Status: Final Text
The SINR profile is a dependency to Reporting Workflow.