Difference between revisions of "Scheduled Workflow (SWF.b) across-the-board CP clean up - Proposal"
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
Revision as of 10:23, 14 September 2015
1. Proposed Workitem: Scheduled Workflow (SWF.b) across-the-board CP clean-up Proposal
- Proposal Editor: Teri Sippel Schmidt/Karos Health (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Editor: several - distributed CPs evenly across committee members - Note: this "proposal" will be owned by the Tech Comm, not driven by Teri.
- Date: N/A (Wiki keeps history)
- Version: N/A (Wiki keeps history)
- Domain: Radiology
2. The Problem
During the 2014-2015 cycle the IHE Radiology Technical Committee made significant progress on CP reduction across all profiles, if the metric used is "high priority CPs". (ie., the Top Ten list). This is good.
However, the overall number of CPs has continued to increase.
I am hoping that everyone can agree that Scheduled Workflow (SWF/PIR, SWF.b) is, by far, the most commonly implemented profile in IHE Radiology.
There are now approximately 20 outstanding CPs for SWF/PIR and SWF.b that are submitted or assigned, from as far back as 2008.
I would put forth that we should make an effort to put a special focus on the CPs in the most widely adopted profile.
The TF maintenance work item will continue to take into account the "Top Ten CPs", but, to clean up SWF and get it up to date, I would propose that we set aside time to clean up SWF.b and get rid of this CP backlog as well. Many of those CPs are years old and just never make it to the top of the list.
I would also propose that we reevaluate the CP editors and re-distribute the work for these CPs across committee members.
Value Statement: SWF.b is IHE Radiology's "bread and butter" profile. It is one of the few IHE Radiology profiles specifically named by the EU to be required. It should be clean.
3. Key Use Case
4. Standards and Systems