Rad Tech Minutes 2022-02-25-29

From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 14:47, 4 May 2022 by Kevino (talk | contribs) (→‎Wednesday, April 27)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TODO Fix page from 2022-02-25-29 to 2022-04-25-29 (or 2022.04.25-29 if that works)

Monday, April 25

  • A1: 8:45am-9:00am Administrative Time
  • S1: 9:00am-10:30am: AIR Datasets and Root Results (AIR+)
    • Review and discussion of Public Comments
  • S2: 10:45am-12:45pm: Maintenance
  • S3: 1:45pm-3:15pm: Interactive Multimedia Reporting (IMR)
    • Review and discussion of Public comments. Will complete a review of how much work needs to be done to have a completed document by the end of the week.
  • S4: 3:30-5:00pm: Editorial Session (AIR & IMR)

Tuesday, April 26

  • A1: 8:45am-9:00am Administrative Time
  • S1: 9:00am-10:30am: AIR Datasets and Root Results (AIR+)
      • Continued discussion and review of Public Comments; KO will update text for review tomorrow.
  • S2: 10:45am-12:45pm: Interactive Multimedia Reporting (IMR)
      • Continued discussion and review of Public Comments
  • A2: 1:30pm-1:45pm: Administrative Time
    • Reviewed and confirmed IHE Radiology Domain schedule for 2022-2023 cycle
    • NK will update in calendar, wiki, Outlook, etc.
  • S3: 1:45pm-3:15pm: Interactive Multimedia Reporting (IMR)
      • Continued discussion and review of Public Comments
  • S4: 3:30-5:00pm: Editorial Session (as needed)

Wednesday, April 27

  • A1: 8:45am-9:00am Administrative Time
  • S1: 9:00am-10:30am: AIR Datasets and Root Results (AIR+)
      • Continued discussion and review of Public Comments; comments made directly in document
  • S2: 10:45am-12:45pm: Interactive Multimedia Reporting (IMR)
      • Continued discussion and review of Public Comments; comments made directly in document
  • A2: 1:15pm-1:45pm: Administrative Time
    • Reviewed Radiology domain schedule and moved the PC final voting call from 9/26 to 9/29
  • S3: 1:45pm-3:15pm: Interactive Multimedia Reporting (IMR)
      • Continued discussion and review of Public Comments; comments made directly in document
  • S4: 3:30-5:00pm: Editorial Session (IMR)

Thursday, April 28

  • A1: 8:45am-9:00am Administrative Time
    • Introductions (Name and IHE Member Organization)
    • IHE Radiology Technical Committee Roster
      • Chris Carr
      • Wim Corbijn
      • Kinson Ho
      • Michael Kelm
      • David Kwan
      • Andrei Leontiev
      • Chris Lindop
      • Weber Marett
      • Steve Meyer
      • Steve Nichols
      • Kevin O'Donnell
      • Antje Schroeder
      • Jonathan Whitby
      • Khaled Younis
    • Non-Voting
      • Lynn Felhofer
      • Rob Horn
      • Nichole Knox
      • Elliot Silver
      • Neil Tenenholtz
    • IHE International Member Organizations
    • IHE Patent Disclosure
  • S1: 9:00am-10:30am: Interactive Multimedia Reporting (IMR)
  • S2: 10:45am-12:45pm: Maintenance
    • CP-RAD-458 - Add Codes for AIR and AIW-I [1]
      • Should this be a work item instead of a CP due to the level of work needed to complete?
      • Will continue working on document with the aim of having a work item proposal in the next cycle.
    • CP RAD 460 will be updated to remove the requirement for initiating gateway to consolidate retrieve results from multiple responding gateways and rad tech will review edits at a future cp call.
      • Consolidated synchronous retrieve has poor performance
      • Requestors don't seem to request retrieval from multiple destinations and implementation of consoldation is burdensome for the IIG.
  • A2: 1:30pm-1:45pm: Administrative Time
    • Adjust effort estimation template to specifically call out expected base standards and their availability.
    • NK make sure to add retrospective time of profiles on Friday of each meeting (20 minutes per profile).
  • S3: 1:45pm-3:15pm: AIR Datasets and Root Results (AIR+)
    • Kevin motioned and Wim seconded motion to approve AIR extensions for publication as TI. Understanding that Kevin will be merging it into the old AIR before giving to Lynn and Mary and work on binary things.
      • Unanimously approved.
  • S4: 3:30-5:00pm: Editorial Session (IMR)

Friday, April 29

  • A1: 8:30am-9:00am Administrative Time

AIR Extensions (AIR+) Retrospective

    • Did we line-by-line the entire document
      • Ooops. Actually no.
    • How ready is it to go out for TI: Completely, Almost, Soonish, Hmmm
      • Almost
    • How did the work fit in the allocated bandwidth? (Time to spare? Just right? Things were left undone?)
      • Basically right. (should have done line-by-line; would have been fast since we reviewed all the edits)
    • Review the evaluation. Which complexity/uncertainty/effort points missed the mark?
      • Mostly on target.
    • Or alternatively, estimate how many points you went over and assign the overage effort/complexity/uncertainty to the appropriate points/topics.
      • Didn't go over.
    • Are all the open issues closed?
      • Yes
    • What significant debates in TI-prep were not anticipated in the Kickoff or PC-Prep
      • Longer than expected discussions of workflow-related topics; understanding distinction between Result Trees and Root Results.
    • Did the Breakdown of Tasks accurately reflect the work? What extra tasks arose?
      • Basically, yes.
    • What residual risks are worth noting
      • Creating binary examples.
    • Does it feel we've met all the use cases
      • Yes (the ones in scope)
    • Did the promised resources manifest
      • Yes
    • What vendors are engaged (for each actor)
      • Same as PC
    • Who should specifically be targeted for TI notification (implementors & advocates)
      • Work with Connectathon so AIR includes AIR+, Notify RSNA Demo,
    • When will we have sample data/objects
      • Mid-summer hopefully
    • Was the profile where it needed to be at the start of the TI meeting, if not what was the gap
      • Basically. Could have had a few more TODOs finished.
    • Was the profile where it needed to be at the end of the TI meeting, if not what was the gap
      • Basically yes.
    • Do you need any tcons between now and TI Publication
      • No. (Unless something odd comes up) Will circulate pre-publication by email.
    • Any "lessons learned"
      • When we scope well and stay on target, we usually hit the milestones
      • Clearly state/delineate distinction between workflow and content in the proposal and nail it down during kickoff and PC. Whenever we are close to that border we get tripped up finding the boundary during development.

Interactive Multimedia Reports (IMR) Retrospective

    • Did we line-by-line the entire document
      • No. Not clear we'd be able to during the meeting. (Feels like a bit of a quality risk; not finding issues until implementation; the publisher catches some errors (silly mistakes) and provides validator, but design issues may slip through)
      • How do we make that work in IG
      • For IG might be interesting to do a word count (Chrome?) to estimate pages.
    • How ready is it to go out for TI: Completely, Almost, Soonish, Hmmm
      • Soonish? Hoping to finish all the comment review by end of today. Will need tcons
    • How did the work fit in the allocated bandwidth? (Time to spare? Just right? Things were left undone?)
      • Went over. Some of that was not sticking to the scope limits. There was scope creep. Also missing the measurement bit, hoping to use ImagingSelection to address that. Added Q/R.
    • Review the evaluation. Which complexity/uncertainty/effort points missed the mark?
      • Didn't allocate time for the use of new tooling (IG). (hopefully a useful investment – the implementers will like the IG we think)
      • Consider patterns of hybrid to try to get the best of both worlds (change tracking, line numbers, PDFs, etc)
      • Should have allocated some complexity to the use of FHIR and new tooling.
      • More debate than planned for the "Display" grouping/baseline concepts.
      • Underconstrained the report encoding. Took a lot of time.
      • Seems like not everyone was on the same page for whether profiling DiagnosticReport was in scope. Some thought it was out and if we wanted it in we'd need to SIGNIFICANTLY increase the effort estimate. Others thought it was in but were very surprised by how much effort it required. There were a surprising amount of details. (consider making proposals be more specific about the intended usage of standard). Also some of the debate conclusions didn't get edited back into the proposal
    • Or alternatively, estimate how many points you went over and assign the overage effort/complexity/uncertainty to the appropriate points.
      • (Maybe introduce a "Long Topic Flag" practice where people note when we've spent an hour on something then later we can see if that was planned/missed during proposal estimate)
    • Are all the open issues closed?
      • No. Haven't done yet (16). Predict all will be closed by end of today.
    • What significant debates in TI-prep were not anticipated in the Kickoff or PC-Prep
      • How to capture content from dictation to use text blob rather than Observation, also reworking the display integration packaging
    • Did the Breakdown of Tasks accurately reflect the work? What extra tasks arose?
      • Some questions due to disagreement on what the BoT was.
    • What residual risks are worth noting
      • Haven't line-by-lined. Might know better when we're closer to done.
    • Does it feel we've met all the use cases
      • Mostly. Hoping the measurements are covered. Image links seem OK.
    • Did the promised resources manifest
      • Mostly, good engagement from IMR interest group.
    • What vendors are engaged (for each actor)
      • Same as PC
    • Who should specifically be targeted for TI notification (implementors & advocates)
      • Should target "reporting vendors". Chris R/Seth will poke their contacts.
    • When will we have sample data/objects
      • Already there but need to be redone based on latest changes.
    • Was the profile where it needed to be at the start of the TI meeting, if not what was the gap
      • Due to PC running overtime with followup Tcons, the PC closed late which didn't leave much time to prep for TI. The Profile was ready. The Comments needed some consolidation and the simple todos were not done to spend more productive time highlighting which comments needed group discussion. So some things weren't ready, but THAT wasn't a source of problems for the committee work.
    • Was the profile where it needed to be at the end of the TI meeting, if not what was the gap
      • Not yet. Still working though comments. Some editing based on direction provided. Some big changes to edit. Will need tcons to review the bigger changes.
    • Do you need any tcons between now and TI Publication
      • Yes. 5 x 2hrs.
    • Lessons learned
      • New tooling takes a lot of time for the editor and committee to acclimatize to (also needs coordinating with outside help to get up to speed)
      • New base standards takes a lot of time … (also needs outside help/expertise)
      • When using FHIR, pay close attention to the maturity/completeness in the specific space where you are applying it. If the maturity is not there, we will need to be doing that work. And there will be inherent slipper slopes to watch for.
      • Meeting logistics kept ITI/Experts from participating more fully in IMR which used things their expertise helps with.
  • S1: 9:00am-10:30am: Interactive Multimedia Reporting (IMR)
  • S2: 10:45am-2:00pm: Interactive Multimedia Reporting (IMR)
    • Additional calls IMR Comments
      • 5/6, 10am-12pm
      • 5/10, 10am-12pm
      • 5/13, 9-11am
      • 5/20, 10am-12pm
      • 5/26, 10am-12pm