Difference between revisions of "Rad Plan Minutes 2015-05-11"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Minutes)
(Minutes)
 
(16 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 31: Line 31:
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
#Discuss proposed profile voting mechanism to be used in Aug 2015 (15 min)
+
All materials discussed are on the ftp server at:
#:a. Plan to vote on proposed profile voting mechanism by June 2015 (5 min)
+
[ftp://iheyr2:interop@ftp.ihe.net/Radiology/iherad-2015/Planning%20Committee/2015.05.11.PC.webex%20materials  IHE Rad PC webex materials]
#:b. Voting for short list and final list of profiles each year
+
 
#:c. Complaints – getting new writers/profiles
+
 
#:d. Clarifications regarding who is a voting member
+
#Discuss proposed profile voting mechanism to be used in Aug 2015  
 +
#:a. Plan to vote on proposed profile voting mechanism and method by June 2015  
 +
#:b. Voting mechanism and method applies to short list and final list of profile selection each cycle
 +
#:c. Problem– hard to attract new writers/profiles, Majorities disenfranchising minorities, Need to find ways to give minority voters a voice in voting process
 +
#:d. Voting member organization:
 
#::i. Defined by IHE Int'l Board
 
#::i. Defined by IHE Int'l Board
#::ii. Description of voting on IHE wiki
+
#::ii. Description of voting on IHE wiki [[http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=Voting_Privileges]]
#::iii. One rep from organizations
+
#::iii. One rep from member organization can vote
 
#::iv. Encourage rotation of radiologists to participate in calls (RSNA/ACR) – their participation is crucial
 
#::iv. Encourage rotation of radiologists to participate in calls (RSNA/ACR) – their participation is crucial
 
#::v. Get more feedback who are interested/knowledgeable – make clear that org can still vote/participate – reason for alternate contacts
 
#::v. Get more feedback who are interested/knowledgeable – make clear that org can still vote/participate – reason for alternate contacts
#::vi. Letter ballot as opposed to exclusively “live” vote  
+
#Discuss proposed profile voting method to be used in Aug 2015
#:::1. WebEx discussion needed/necessary to make changes/updates
+
#:a. Voting method: Letter ballot as opposed to exclusively “live” vote during webex
 +
#:::1. WebEx discussion still needed/necessary to make changes/updates
 
#::::a. In-depth discussions are useful to vote upon rather than 5-minute overview
 
#::::a. In-depth discussions are useful to vote upon rather than 5-minute overview
 
#:::2. Offline ballot
 
#:::2. Offline ballot
 
#::::a. If you haven’t heard discussion, might be unclear of changes
 
#::::a. If you haven’t heard discussion, might be unclear of changes
 
#::::b. Forces more thorough writing of profile
 
#::::b. Forces more thorough writing of profile
#:e. Issues with voting
+
#:b. Decision: 2 votes to be held
#::i. Majorities disenfranchising minorities
+
#::ii. Need to find ways to give minority voters ta voice in voting process
+
#:f. Proposals: Offline voting – 2 things to consider
+
 
#::i. Determine which voting mechanism to use (Borda, Condorcet, etc.)
 
#::i. Determine which voting mechanism to use (Borda, Condorcet, etc.)
#::ii. Determine in-person exclusively or include letter ballot in conjunction with tcon discussion
+
#::ii. Determine which voting method: in-person exclusively or include letter ballot in conjunction with tcon discussion
#Discuss/approve modifications to profile proposal form (10 min)
+
#:c. '''Action:'''  write up voting mechanism and method and post on wiki.  Allow comment section for each.  Hold formal vote (simple majority rules) in two weeks.
#:a. Discuss effort estimation process (5 min)
+
#Discuss/approve modifications to profile proposal form  
#:b. Include comments section
+
#:a. Discuss effort estimation process  
 +
#:b. Post on wiki and Include comments section
 
#::i. Helps people focus their interests
 
#::i. Helps people focus their interests
#:c. Changes to long form
+
#:c. Changes to long form only (detailed form)
 
#::i. Profile editor – if editor has not been through the authoring process, they should be guided through the process – name someone as a “mentor”
 
#::i. Profile editor – if editor has not been through the authoring process, they should be guided through the process – name someone as a “mentor”
#:d. Bring issues to DCC agenda
+
#:d. '''Action:'''Include proposed changes to detailed form and request clarification on voting rights with new IHE Membership at next DCC tcon agenda
 
#Discuss proposed 2015-2016 cycle dates (15 min)
 
#Discuss proposed 2015-2016 cycle dates (15 min)
#:a. Put dates profiles are due to educate people about the cycle  
+
#:a. Clarify profile due dates to educate people about the cycle  
 +
#:b. June 15th - Call for Brief Profile Proposals 2015-2016; send reminder on July 10th
 +
#:c.  August 15th - Deadline for submission of Brief Profile Proposals - may use this date for SIIM slide
 
#IHE 2015 International Educational Webinar Series
 
#IHE 2015 International Educational Webinar Series
 
#:a. Topics/presenters identified
 
#:a. Topics/presenters identified
 
#:b. Doodle polls sent to presenters to identify dates of webinars
 
#:b. Doodle polls sent to presenters to identify dates of webinars
 
#:c. Author dates need to be solidified
 
#:c. Author dates need to be solidified
#:a.'''Action:''' Complete [https://docs.google.com/a/rsna.org/forms/d/1DZ1eYKtxxMnnR8nn-RlRzEMNEVQl0rVkcdmKabn18xM/viewform IHE International 2015 Educational Webinar Series form] by May 22nd
+
#:d.'''Action:''' Complete [https://docs.google.com/a/rsna.org/forms/d/1DZ1eYKtxxMnnR8nn-RlRzEMNEVQl0rVkcdmKabn18xM/viewform IHE International 2015 Educational Webinar Series form] by May 22nd

Latest revision as of 13:29, 11 May 2015

Participants

  • Alicia Vasquez (California Medical Business Services)
  • Bradley Erickson (RSNA)
  • Chris Carr (RSNA)
  • Chris Lindop (GE Healthcare)
  • David Koff (Canadian Association of Radiologists)
  • David Kwan (Cancer Care Ontario)
  • Elliot Silver (McKesson)
  • Jamie Kontos (RSNA)
  • Jon Zammit (Cancer Care Ontario)
  • Kevin O'Donnell (Toshiba)
  • Kinson Ho (Agfa)
  • Mike Bohl (Radiology Group)
  • Teri Sippel Schmidt (Karos Health)
  • Wim Corbijn (Philips Healthcare)

Minutes

All materials discussed are on the ftp server at: IHE Rad PC webex materials


  1. Discuss proposed profile voting mechanism to be used in Aug 2015
    a. Plan to vote on proposed profile voting mechanism and method by June 2015
    b. Voting mechanism and method applies to short list and final list of profile selection each cycle
    c. Problem– hard to attract new writers/profiles, Majorities disenfranchising minorities, Need to find ways to give minority voters a voice in voting process
    d. Voting member organization:
    i. Defined by IHE Int'l Board
    ii. Description of voting on IHE wiki [[1]]
    iii. One rep from member organization can vote
    iv. Encourage rotation of radiologists to participate in calls (RSNA/ACR) – their participation is crucial
    v. Get more feedback who are interested/knowledgeable – make clear that org can still vote/participate – reason for alternate contacts
  2. Discuss proposed profile voting method to be used in Aug 2015
    a. Voting method: Letter ballot as opposed to exclusively “live” vote during webex
    1. WebEx discussion still needed/necessary to make changes/updates
    a. In-depth discussions are useful to vote upon rather than 5-minute overview
    2. Offline ballot
    a. If you haven’t heard discussion, might be unclear of changes
    b. Forces more thorough writing of profile
    b. Decision: 2 votes to be held
    i. Determine which voting mechanism to use (Borda, Condorcet, etc.)
    ii. Determine which voting method: in-person exclusively or include letter ballot in conjunction with tcon discussion
    c. Action: write up voting mechanism and method and post on wiki. Allow comment section for each. Hold formal vote (simple majority rules) in two weeks.
  3. Discuss/approve modifications to profile proposal form
    a. Discuss effort estimation process
    b. Post on wiki and Include comments section
    i. Helps people focus their interests
    c. Changes to long form only (detailed form)
    i. Profile editor – if editor has not been through the authoring process, they should be guided through the process – name someone as a “mentor”
    d. Action:Include proposed changes to detailed form and request clarification on voting rights with new IHE Membership at next DCC tcon agenda
  4. Discuss proposed 2015-2016 cycle dates (15 min)
    a. Clarify profile due dates to educate people about the cycle
    b. June 15th - Call for Brief Profile Proposals 2015-2016; send reminder on July 10th
    c. August 15th - Deadline for submission of Brief Profile Proposals - may use this date for SIIM slide
  5. IHE 2015 International Educational Webinar Series
    a. Topics/presenters identified
    b. Doodle polls sent to presenters to identify dates of webinars
    c. Author dates need to be solidified
    d.Action: Complete IHE International 2015 Educational Webinar Series form by May 22nd