Difference between revisions of "Rad Plan Minutes 2008-09-17"

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Mammography Workstation Bidirectional Interface)
(Vote on Proposals to go on Short List)
Line 66: Line 66:
 
:*  
 
:*  
 
::* '''Action: Rad Plan Cochairs''' will send the Short List to Tech Cmte for feasibility and effort evaluation
 
::* '''Action: Rad Plan Cochairs''' will send the Short List to Tech Cmte for feasibility and effort evaluation
 +
 +
 +
===Planning for RSNA===
 +
* Switch David Clunie in for Kevin O'Donnell on Tues, Dec. 2, 1:30-2:15
 +
* Not necessary to have detailed content review session
 +
* Schedule check-status call for Nov. 5, 11am CT
 +
 
===Approach to Making XDS-I compatible with XDS.b===
 
===Approach to Making XDS-I compatible with XDS.b===
 
:*
 
:*

Revision as of 09:06, 17 September 2008

Attendees

  • David Clunie, MD - RadPharm
  • Chris Lindop - GE (Co-chair)
  • Kevin O'Donnell - Toshiba (Co-chair)
  • Paul Seifert - Agfa
  • Peter Mildenberger, MD - DRG
  • David Mendelson, MD - RSNA
  • Jerold Wallis, MD - SNM

Minutes

Review of Brief Profile Proposals

  • Estimate bandwidth of Technical Committee to review proposals
  • Establish general strategy for development cycle: aggressive development or consolidation?
  • Estimate effort level required with each proposal
    • Identify champions and work groups for profiles where possible
  • Establish strategic priorities within domain
    • Devote entire development cycle to image-sharing issues?
  • Select "short list" to provide to Technical Committee
  • Discussion of each proposal will be limited to 5-10 minutes


Enhanced DICOM Objects - Brief Proposal

XDS-I Using XDS.b Technology - Brief Proposal

  • Fits with image-sharing strategy
  • Need to decide upon the scope of development
    • XDS-I and image sharing across care sites is a politically hot topic
    • Is it a problem IHE can advance a useful solution for and achieve adoption?
    • Will updating XDS-I to XDS.b lead to dramatic improvement in adoption?
    • Within a given PACS environment, Web access is a feature already typically available
    • Add PHR use case to XDS-I?
    • Address Web services-based transfer protocol for images in coordination with DICOM WG10 and ITI?
    • Important to engage current adopters (eg, CHI and vendor adopters) to ensure that approach chosen is helpful and does not introduce incompatibility with adopted approaches: need to justify any incompatibilities introduced
    • Canadian model is to establish centralized architecture for DI: regional PACS
    • Need to assess current priority of addressing networked model vs. upgrading PDI solutions for removable media (driven by AMA, ACR concerns)
    • Need to engage referring physicians in working on practical solutions for image exchange
  • Action Item: Planning Committee to engage user adopters and gather their experience
  • Action Item: Planning Committee to contact vendor adopters from Connectathon results db and request their input on approaches to update profile
  • Action Item: Technical Committee to assess compatibility issues raised by upgrading to XDS.b
  • Action Item: Planning Committee to flesh out and clarify use case to be addressed
  • Action Item: Planning Committee to develop coordinated view of image sharing approaches


PDI Extensions - Brief Proposal

  • Fits with image-sharing strategy

Basic Image Review - Brief Proposal

  • Fits with image-sharing strategy

Mammography Workstation Bidirectional Interface

  • Invite Dr. Ellis and other clinical reps to convene Mammo Cmte to address this in current cycle

Scheduled Workflow II Phase 2 - Brief Proposal

  • Consider whether it is possible to limit scope of work to moving from HL7 2.3 to 2.5 without other workflow improvement elements
  • Minimum scope includes removing some options, providing identity of operator in PPS
  • Defer to future cycles analysis of detailed order entry (requested by IHE-J and some US sites)
  • Challenge will be allowing scope to expand in course of writing
  • Chris Lindop takes responsibility for being lead author of changes
  • Action Item: Chris Lindop to rewrite proposal with more limited scope

Cross Community Access for Imaging (XCA-I) - Brief Proposal

  • Fits with image-sharing strategy

Image Management Enhancements - Brief Proposal

  • Fits with image-sharing strategy

Vote on Proposals to go on Short List

  • Action: Rad Plan Cochairs will send the Short List to Tech Cmte for feasibility and effort evaluation


Planning for RSNA

  • Switch David Clunie in for Kevin O'Donnell on Tues, Dec. 2, 1:30-2:15
  • Not necessary to have detailed content review session
  • Schedule check-status call for Nov. 5, 11am CT

Approach to Making XDS-I compatible with XDS.b