Quality, Research and Public Health
IHE Quality, Research and Public Health Domain (QRPH) addresses the infrastructure and content necessary to:
- share information relevant to quality improvement,
- improve the liaison between the primary care system and clinical research and
- provide population base health surveillance.
The three distinct components of the QRPH domain are all reliant on the secondary use of data gathered in clinical care.
The work of QRPH enables the stakeholders to focus on the workflow cycle of queries for data and selection of population cohorts from within the clinical record. In addition, QRPH incorporates the output from the query specification within the clinical system workflow to enable clinical decision support and defines profiles for adverse event reporting, especially with reference to medication-related adverse outcomes.
QRPH is sponsored by Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) and manages the Quality Profiles.
There are two committees. For details regarding activities of each, select the appropriate link below:
- The Quality, Research and Public Health Planning Committee
- The Quality, Research and Public Health Technical Committee
- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1phMzQQi3GKBz1LsDRYo1SB6iCctiie2ZXIbBrALjOME/edit?usp=sharing QRPH Planning and Technical Committee Rosters]
QRPH Development Continuous Cycle
The Quality, Research and Public Health Committee has moved to a continuous development cycle. The three 4-day face-to-face working meetings in the first half of the calendar year, plus two 2-day selection meetings in the last calendar quarter, are replaced by four 4-day working meetings evenly spaced through the year. A portion of each meeting is devoted to planning tasks such as review and prioritizing of proposals, and the rest of the meeting would operate similar to our current technical meetings, except each work item could be in a different phase (volume 1 prep, public comment prep, TI prep).
Planning and Development Cycle
The following outlines the general activities and steps planned for the 2020-2021 year.
|Continuous Development||Call for Profile/White Paper Proposals Announced (one month before scheduled planning committee face to face or virtual meeting)|
|Continuous Development||Profile Proposals Due to Planning Co-Chairs|
|November 9-13 face-to-face (Virtual)||Continuous Development|
|February 14-22 face-to-face or virtual (TBD)||IHE ITI, PCC, QRPH Domain Continuous Development Meeting|
|April 25-29 face-to-face or virtual (TBD)||IHE ITI, PCC, QRPH Domain Continuous Development Meeting|
|July 18-22 face-to-face or virtual (TBD)||IHE ITI, PCC, QRPH Domain Continuous Development Meeting|
|Continuous Development||Publication of Final Text Technical Framework|
- Older Schedules
The Quality Research and Public Health domain committee follows the general IHE Change Proposal Process. QRPH specific details are listed below:
- CPs should be developed using the standard change proposal template.
- Submit incoming CP's to the Submitted Directory. You may choose to do so in one of two ways:
- E-mail the QRPH Technical Committee co-chair in charge of CPs (check Committees for current co-chair - subject the e-mail as "New QRPH CP")
- Directly update the directory if you have access to the ftp write password and e-mail the QRPH co-chairs to let them know of the new CP.
- The CPs are tracked on a Google Docs spreadsheet Change Proposals.
Committee Distribution Lists
Subscribe to the QRPH domain committee lists by visiting the Google Group sites linked below: