The IHE International Governance is the basis for IHE committee procedures. The following pages supplement the Governance and address operational details.
Technical Framework Development
IHE Domains use one of two development patterns:
- Annual Cycle
- Continuous Development Process
- Both patterns have the same/similar process steps:
- Profile Proposal Process
- Standards Selection Process
- Technical Framework Publication Process
- Public Comment Process
- Change Proposal Process
- National Extensions Process
- Final Text Process
- Retirement Process
The IHE Profile Process/Lifecycle is also described here: ISO/TR 28380 - Health Informatics - IHE Global Standards Adoption
- IHE Profile Design Principles and Conventions
- Writing Technical Frameworks and Supplements
- OID Registration for IHE Namespaces
- General Information about Creating Unique IDs - OID and UUID
- Cookbook for Security Considerations
- Cross-Domain Dependency Process (needs review?)
- Guidance on writing Profiles of FHIR
- Official Templates
- Profile and Document Inventory
- Non-standard Diagram Request Form
- Domain Milestone Dates (input from Planning and Technical Committee co-chairs for planning purposes to other domains and IHE Staff.)
- Non-Word TF Material Publication Process
Download a diagram of the IHE Publication Process for New Supplements that includes links to pertinent documents/templates diagram at Media:NewSupplPubProcess.pdf.
Templates for IHE documents and Wiki pages to promote consistency and complete information.
How To's for doing common and/or tricky things.
Roles and Responsibilities
The IHE Organizational Structure describes the IHE Committees, their responsibilities and relationships to each other.
Domain Communication to other IHE groups are the responsibility of the Domain Cochairs.
Within those committees there are a number of specific roles:
- Domain Secretariat
- Domain Planning Committee Cochair
- Domain Technical Committee Cochair
- Domain Technical Project Manager
- Domain Clinical Liaison
- Domain Planning Committee Member
- Domain Technical Committee Member
- Volume Editor
DICOM - which significantly influenced IHE procedure drafts