Pharm Tech Minutes 2016.12.08
From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 05:32, 8 December 2016 by Costateixeira (Created page with "== FHIR discussions == # Dispense vs SupplyDelivery to support "Nurse brings the medication to the patient and does not administer" ## Jose Asked this in Pharmacy - response...")
- Dispense vs SupplyDelivery to support "Nurse brings the medication to the patient and does not administer"
- Jose Asked this in Pharmacy - response was initially "doesn't seem like dispense" but when discussing with Workflow (incl. John H) there was an agreement that this would go back to being Dispense.
- Result: We expect this will be updated in the FHIR documentation
- Consequence: We need a status modifier to differentiate Dispensed from Delivered. This will surely be an extension. => IHE extension.
- How do we capture that the patient will have taken the medication the next day?
- We need to support "administered, but stated by patient" <-- medicationAdministration.performer? To be discussed.
- How to register in one system? (not our concern, since we are handling interoperability)
- How to communicate across systems? (that is what we will discuss)
Discussion: does the online/offline aspect change the resources to be used? No.
- Should we also document "while delivering, i DID NOT administer"?
- e.g. if the patient is feeling bad and will take it later --> This is not a dispense case anymore, this is a normal "non-administration" case.
Changes proposed to FHIR