Pharm Tech Minutes 2015.08.12
From IHE Wiki
Revision as of 08:37, 12 August 2015 by Costateixeira
Recap from last webex:
- We agreed with a few aspects in the model outlined in the PPT:
- Medication "Ordering" is a set of activities that we may aggregate for consistency (We may use a single type of resource for these activities). It includes:
- We are not yet clear whether Planning is part of the ordering, as we conceive "planning" today.
- Draft prescriptions, provisional orders, are potentially conceived as part of the "ordering" box.
- ... or other ordering that is the same as prescribing. Like a nurse's "prescription".
- Order review.
- "Order Review" may be a better candidate name than "Pharmaceutical Advice".
- "Medication Dispense" may include several activities (transportation after fulfilling a prescription, distribution between stock locations, preparation of individual doses...) At this moment we are not making a distinction between those activities.
- Administration actor may be best called Administration Performer
- Out of the discussion were:
- "Prescription Management" - the mechanisms to steer the workflow, like changes, prescription . are at this moment left out of the discussion. In scope, but the "how" is not decided yet.
- ADE Reporting and post-administration events.
- Medication Statements by a patient
Relevant updates on FHIR:
- Medication Prescription is being renamed to MedicationOrder
- This is compatible with the suggestion to use one single resource for different orders.
- Prescription statuses are being discussed - Prescription order status changes like "draft" or "entered in error", and NOT overall workflow status like "completed".
- Identification of medication has been reviewed.
- Scope: This being for FHIR, do we want to stick to a scope (e.g. in-country) or prepare for cross-country?
- Decision: The profile should be prepared for the scope of CMPD and HMW; we shall not focus on the specifics to make it e.g. cross-country (e.g. translation or conversion of medication codes/names for cross-country dispense, etc.).
- Medication Lists - Querying a list and the content container for that list is currently supported in existing profiles (PML) and this should be taken into consideration. But the topic of creating, aggregating, reconciling such lists is left out of the discussion for now.
- Medication Catalog - how different actors are prepared to share names and attributes of medications.
- Supply aspects other than the dispensing
- Start filling in the profile templates with general sections.
- Preferred approach is be to separate content profiles and integration profiles.
- For the functional discussions, we look at it together in the next tcon - JCT will prepare a diagram with the "current" resources so that we can discuss based on the resources.